The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have only smoked 3 cigarettes today. I just had my coffee after lunch and the fourth one is calling me....

Anyway, I'm trying to cut down on my smoking. Not that I've ever been a real smoker, but I do indulge in a few every now and then.

And I should also cut down on the chocolate a bit. I'll do that as soon as I finish the stash I made yesterday :laugh:
I should cut down on the chocolate too. But after the lockdown only :laugh:

When I am photographing a car, I prefer to move it around between shots to get different angles. Some car owners insist on doing it themselves. Some of them get it when it comes to hand signals. Some of them, I have to stand outside the open driver's window and tell them exactly what to do. With those people, I often give a direction such as, "Turn hard to the right." They then turn to the left, to which I always reply, "Your other right." :facepalm:

BTW, two Yurripean cities I refuse to drive in are Paris and Rome -- especially Rome. It's like a free-for-all.

CD

Amateur :happy:

Can I complain a bit. Just a vent. Don't read if nagging annoys you :okay:

so I have kept my head up all year, you know I am a positive person. But now it's starting to become too much for me. I'm on steroids for my asthma, and they are now causing a high heart rate that makes me out of breath. I hate being out of breath after having lung embolisms 3 times in my life, and I take the steroids to breathe normally. But the asthma makes me out of breath when am off meds. So either way I am wheezing.

And I am starting to feel worn out by this corona business. I miss my friends, I miss my freedom to go somewhere with public transport ( I cant drive) , and the prednisone exarbarates my feeling stressed. So I feel anxious.

I am tired of it all. I will get th through it, I always do. These feelings never last long in me. But right now I feel roid rage and want to eat everything in sight also due to said roids but I don't want to gain weight again. Meh.

Thanks for making it this far. I love you all :love:

so I have kept my head up all year, you know I am a positive person. But now it's starting to become too much for me. I'm on steroids for my asthma, and they are now causing a high heart rate that makes me out of breath. I hate being out of breath after having lung embolisms 3 times in my life, and I take the steroids to breathe normally. But the asthma makes me out of breath when am off meds. So either way I am wheezing.

And I am starting to feel worn out by this corona business. I miss my friends, I miss my freedom to go somewhere with public transport ( I cant drive) , and the prednisone exarbarates my feeling stressed. So I feel anxious.

I am tired of it all. I will get th through it, I always do. These feelings never last long in me. But right now I feel roid rage and want to eat everything in sight also due to said roids but I don't want to gain weight again. Meh.

Hang in there. Things have to get better. At least 1 good thing is coming your way soon as far as your stepson. Hopefully, your asthma will get better with the steroids. Do they have you on chronic meds to control your asthma? There are so many different ones now that at least 1 should be helpful.

I have asthma too, but it's quiescent most of the time unless I get a bad respiratory infection or i get around something that irritates and causes a flare.

Last edited:
Hang in there. Things have to get better. At least 1 good thing is coming your way soon as far as your stepson. Hopefully, your asthma will get better with the steroids. Do they have you on chronic meds to control your asthma? There are so many different ones now that at least 1 should be helpful.

I have asthma too, but it's quiescent most of the time unless I get a bad respiratory infection or i get around something that irritates and causes a flare.
My husband said there's also asthma meds without the steroids so I should be OK. I am just on the roids to control wheezing + coughing and it controls my coughing but made the wheezing worse so am calling the doc next week for a change of meds.

Thanks for sharing your experience, hopefully this will also become better with time 🙏

All I can say is that I am so sorry for what you are going through right now and hugging you as I say this. A virtual hug, of course, but it's sincere. I know you know that. I would like to send you some peace of mind especially at this time. Please sweetie, stay strong. Love you too

All I can say is that I am so sorry for what you are going through right now and hugging you as I say this. A virtual hug, of course, but it's sincere. I know you know that. I would like to send you some peace of mind especially at this time. Please sweetie, stay strong. Love you too
Reading people's kind words help, so this helps :love: digital friends are friends too

Hey, you're going to make it through ok! I'm optimistic that this time next year, we'll be looking back on this like a bad memory, while sitting in our favorite nightspots (though probably still socially distanced).

We're all going to be vaccinated, your son will be getting the care he needs and be much improved, your meds will all be stabilized, and Trump will be a game show host on some third-rate late night cable channel.

We just have to all hang on and hang in there. Every day...one day closer to the end of this crap. As George Harrison said, "All things must pass..." and so shall this.

Of course, about that time, global warming will cause thousands of undiscovered dinosaur eggs to hatch, and we'll have to fight those off, but that's tomorrow's problem to worry about. 🕺🏻🦖 (That's me stabbing a t-rex. In the Dino Wars, anything is fair!)

Pandemic fatigue really is a thing. We're all going through it at different levels. I'm very lucky by anyone's standards (everyone know is healthy and able to provide for themselves in spite of the pandemic), but looking at another month of sitting at home all alone, I don't feel lucky at all.

I understand. It's not easy. In fact, I think some of us get more than our "fair" share of obstacles.

I'm sorry the steroids are doing a number on you. I was one for a couple years and it was awful. I probably should still take them but I was tired of the 'roid rage, weight gain and inability to sleep. Now, I just use a nebulizer and emergency inhaler.

Would it help if you participated in something you can do remotely such as writing letters to the military men and women? I don't know how it works in the Netherlands but here, in the US, there are many organizations that help get care packages and letters to troops.

Don't worry, dear, You are not alone. This lockdown is driving even the most sane of us bonkers. The nice part is we can all be bonkers together. ;-) :hug:

January 2020 I was getting all dolled up to go to work. January 2021 I'm walking around the apartment building in my pajamas. How times change :D

I understand. It's not easy. In fact, I think some of us get more than our "fair" share of obstacles.

I'm sorry the steroids are doing a number on you. I was one for a couple years and it was awful. I probably should still take them but I was tired of the 'roid rage, weight gain and inability to sleep. Now, I just use a nebulizer and emergency inhaler.

Would it help if you participated in something you can do remotely such as writing letters to the military men and women? I don't know how it works in the Netherlands but here, in the US, there are many organizations that help get care packages and letters to troops.

Don't worry, dear, You are not alone. This lockdown is driving even the most sane of us bonkers. The nice part is we can all be bonkers together. ;-) :hug:
I'm contacting my nurse on monday, my husband reminded me that the doctor said I had 100s of options and this is the first med he gave me so I'm just going to ask to try one without steroids. For now I'm coping, I've already been on steroids for 3 full years at one point but it just triggers bad memories and it's not something I want in my life right now. I mean it's quite ironic that the major source of stress I had the past two years is moving out on tuesday, only to be replaced by the stress created by cortisol hormones. Just no longer worth it for me.

:hug: thanks for coming to my ted talk and your suggestions, they really help!

Hey, you're going to make it through ok! I'm optimistic that this time next year, we'll be looking back on this like a bad memory, while sitting in our favorite nightspots (though probably still socially distanced).

We're all going to be vaccinated, your son will be getting the care he needs and be much improved, your meds will all be stabilized, and Trump will be a game show host on some third-rate late night cable channel.

We just have to all hang on and hang in there. Every day...one day closer to the end of this crap. As George Harrison said, "All things must pass..." and so shall this.

Of course, about that time, global warming will cause thousands of undiscovered dinosaur eggs to hatch, and we'll have to fight those off, but that's tomorrow's problem to worry about. 🕺🏻🦖 (That's me stabbing a t-rex. In the Dino Wars, anything is fair!)

I so hope what you say is true, I'm currently in a rut where I am vulnerable to conspiracies and nightmare scenarios but I'm trying to realise this is not me but 'roid rage' and I'll probably be a lot more sane when off this stuff. It has always made more negative than I usually am, so I am hanging in there . And don't worry, I still don't believe in chemtrails or that corona is a hoax :rolleyes: so I will pull through.

Like I said in the other thread, my doc has recommended I don't take the vaccine yet. I am torn between a rock and a hard place. I want back to normal life but if taking the vaccine is risky for my illness type it's also not a very smart move to take it before it's tested for people like me. So that doesn't help as I might have to shield even longer.

I would love to see Trump as a cheap tv show host :laugh:

I'm contacting my nurse on monday, my husband reminded me that the doctor said I had 100s of options and this is the first med he gave me so I'm just going to ask to try one without steroids. For now I'm coping, I've already been on steroids for 3 full years at one point but it just triggers bad memories and it's not something I want in my life right now. I mean it's quite ironic that the major source of stress I had the past two years is moving out on tuesday, only to be replaced by the stress created by cortisol hormones. Just no longer worth it for me.

:hug: thanks for coming to my ted talk and your suggestions, they really help!
Please keep us posted. I, along with many others here, care. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom