The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you saying that you've never had a pint at 5am in the Spoons at the airport like everyone else? :highfive:
Certainly not. For one thing, I refuse to give money to the mullet-headed Brexit fanatic and for another, the only times I ever had a drink at five in the morning were as the last act of the night before.

Certainly not. For one thing, I refuse to give money to the mullet-headed Brexit fanatic and for another, the only times I ever had a drink at five in the morning were as the last act of the night before.
Not something I've done either. Last time we flew from Manchester it was an early flight and there were a couple of guys staggering from the bar to the gate, I suspected their holiday was about to become a very short one.

Earliest I've had a drink was sons wedding, the guys all left from here. Met here at 7am and drinks all round for a few hours. Then booze stopped and I made steak Sammies all round. Then they all left for photos. He had several best men. This is one of his pics pre wedding.

Russ

We have today off work, Monday Bank Holiday.
We were supposed to go to the pub this evening for the comedy, pubs are all closed because very bad weather has been forecast, already been raing heavy and supposed to get worse. Never mind, we will get a refund and 2 comedians have agreed to come back at a later date.

Storms here, too. I got back from the store about ten minutes before the tornado sirens sounded. Just heavy rain at my house. A tornado tried to form 20 miles North of me, but never made it to the ground.

There is another wave of storms due later tonight. They look weaker on Doppler Radar. I certainly don't mind the rain, as come July, the rain goes away until October/November. All the reservoirs on the Trinity River are full, right now. That's the water we'll live on in the dry months.

CD

When I lived in Oxford, I took part in one curious May Day tradition. Many pubs would open at six in the morning, just on that day. This, I thought, was something I should try once. I got up at about five o'clock and went into town to meet a few friends. We arranged to meet in a pub called the Wheatsheaf at six, when it opened. It is, let's say, a rather strange experience drinking beer when you've only just got up.

We ended up going to about four different pubs. Part of this was to avoid the loud, braying Hooray Henry types who were characterised by not only their loudness, but their insistence on drinking only expensive champagne and their contempt for the plebeian oiks that had the temerity to live in Oxford. So, yes, it's possible that there were future prime ministers and cabinet members among them...

Back in the 80s, there was a place in Austin (TX) called Maggie Mae's, that had a clever theme. I had one of their T-Shirts...

Screen Shot 2021-05-03 at 8.49.07 PM.png

CD

Not something I've done either. Last time we flew from Manchester it was an early flight and there were a couple of guys staggering from the bar to the gate, I suspected their holiday was about to become a very short one.

Pre Covid, when I was known to be in five cities, in four states, in one week. I started many a morning with a couple of overpriced screwdrivers with my overpriced breakfast at an airport. Then, I got on the plane and slept the whole flight.

CD

Evidently rather heavy snow in Manchester yesterday, judging by what we saw from the Sportswashing Derby between the sporting arm of the UAE government (Manchester City) and the sporting wing of the Qatari state (Paris St Germaine).

Nipped out to do some shopping yesterday evening, M&S have a sign on their window-bra fitting is back...in store or online..not sure how that works :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom