The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Productive day today! I've let my garage kinda' turn into a dumping ground during covid. In a few weeks, I have to fit two cars in there, plus winter is coming, and the rats are starting to move in, looking for a warm home. Time to clean!

View attachment 75205

CD

Your garage is bigger than my living room

In other news I forgot to write about: My MIL is back home again, she's suffered no major consequences from her stroke. And she's been tested for dementia and declared healthy, just older. So she's OK thankfully.

I got rejected for my other application as well yesterday, so I was a little down. I'll pick myself up soon enough, I'm not someone who gives up easily. I also need to go to the dentist again because my tooth is hurting worse than before the filling, so something went wrong. yay.

Last edited:
Productive day today! I've let my garage kinda' turn into a dumping ground during covid. In a few weeks, I have to fit two cars in there, plus winter is coming, and the rats are starting to move in, looking for a warm home. Time to clean!

View attachment 75205

CD
can I employ you to come and clean our double garage please?

(Only 1 vehicle can ever fit in there because my 4x4 is about 2cm too tall to get in (roof cage and extras lights are the problem, or the off road tyres, one of the 2), but it has never been in there despite my best efforts to keep the garage space clear on at least 1 side of the garage.)

Wait, you people have garages?! (says the lady from the country where you're lucky if you get a house with a pantry!)
will_poulter.jpg

Last edited:
Wait, you people have garages?! (says the lady from the country where your lucky if you get a house with a pantry!)
View attachment 75226

Not me. I have a bit of paved area in front of the house (would have once been a tiny front garden) on which I can just about, with difficulty, park my Corsa. I'm seriously wondering if I really need a car any more since I never go anywhere.

Not me. I have a bit of paved area in front of the house (would have once been a tiny front garden) on which I can just about, with difficulty, park my Corsa. I'm seriously wondering if I really need a car any more since I never go anywhere.
My parents house had that. They rarely parked there since we had to walk around the car to get inside the house.

I personally don't drive, I don't need a garage anyway :laugh:

I'll take a pic of my (uncleaned) garage later. It was on my list to straighten up this year, along with the 12'x16' garden shed. I got to the shed, didn't make it to the garage, so that's a springtime task now.

That is huge! And is there storage in the loft too? Looks as if its sort of 'built in' to the house.

Most garages in the DFW metropolitan area have the garages integrated or attached to the house. My detached garage is very unusual for here. Different cities and regions in the US have different garage configurations.

CD

I won't share a picture of my garage as it is STILL full of junk. Here in Florida you are equally likely to see someone use their garage as storage (or an additional room) as you might see them park their cars in there.
During the height of the pandemic, I used the garage as a sort of airlock; a sanitizing station where all my groceries and deliveries got wiped down before they came into the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom