The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I won't share a picture of my garage as it is STILL full of junk. Here in Florida you are equally likely to see someone use their garage as storage (or an additional room) as you might see them park their cars in there.
During the height of the pandemic, I used the garage as a sort of airlock; a sanitizing station where all my groceries and deliveries got wiped down before they came into the house.

Same is true here. Most of my neighbors park their cars outside, and fill their garages with junk. Right across the street, there is a new BMW X5 parked in the driveway, because the garage is full of junk. That's a minimum 0f $60,000 SUV sitting out in the weather while a bunch of junk occupies the garage.

CD

A few old timers braved the pandemic today and attended the Crucible Petchkasem Snooker to partake in the first round of the local anonymous geriatric open tournament.

Edited to level the table.

Last edited:
Updatebon the bakery situation: I gave them a call yesterday.

Apparently I was on the list to be called that day ( yeah sure) and I was told I was ' a nice, hardworking girl who they would want on their team ' but.. ' it had to be declined because you can't lift everything due to your hernia and we did not realise that enough during our interview' .. Gee that's literally what a hernia does AND I explained that multiple times.
They said they'd give me a call if they need someone at the till/cash register.
And I got a grocery card worth 25 euros as compensation. So thats it.

Updatebon the bakery situation: I gave them a call yesterday.

Apparently I was on the list to be called that day ( yeah sure) and I was told I was ' a nice, hardworking girl who they would want on their team ' but.. ' it had to be declined because you can't lift everything due to your hernia and we did not realise that enough during our interview' .. Gee that's literally what a hernia does AND I explained that multiple times.
They said they'd give me a call if they need someone at the till/cash register.
And I got a grocery card worth 25 euros as compensation. So thats it.
I'm sorry about that, Windigo...they're just stupid, and that's that!

It’s 5.40am here now and I’ve already woken up. I can’t sleep anymore, my neighbour (bedrooms bordering) snores as if it was an aircraft taxiing..
Going to make a coffee, the first of many
Ciao bella! It's my regular wake up time since the clocks changed.. It always puts my inner clock out of whack. Enjoy the quiet and the coffee!

Ciao bella! It's my regular wake up time since the clocks changed.. It always puts my inner clock out of whack. Enjoy the quiet and the coffee!

Buongiorno mia cara! I wake up early too but this is a bit too much for me, mostly because I have been woken up not in a quiet way, rather with a take-off. Luckily it doesn’t happen usually, I live in a very quiet place, but I am going to have a long day ahead thus I’m expecting to fall asleep onto a wall somewhere at a certain stage.

I've just woken up too. Last night didn't go cold. The previous nights have been down to 4°C, but last night only dropped down to 16°C and neither of us slept well. So with 4 interruptions between 10pm & 6am.... and sleep not even starting until 11:30pm neither of us wanted today to happen. So at 3:30pm I gave up and went back to bed for 2 hrs...
No coffee here though because I don't drink it after 1pm or so else I don't sleep.

Now to make my evening meal. Hubby's not home for it tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom