The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I´m sorry, Windigo, for the work-affiliated thing. Their loss, really.

My old stablemate from the 80's came over to Lahti from Geneva (Genève) a week ago. She stays with her childhood family for a fortnight. We've had a good time catching up, having lunch, shopping, sipping wine and bemoaning our own ailments and the senescence of our parents. Girltime :).

On November 22, 1963, John Fitzgerald Kennedy was assassinated in Dallas, Texas by Lee Harvey Oswald.

I´m sorry, Windigo, for the work-affiliated thing. Their loss, really.

My old stablemate from the 80's came over to Lahti from Geneva (Genève) a week ago. She stays with her childhood family for a fortnight. We've had a good time catching up, having lunch, shopping, sipping wine and bemoaning our own ailments and the senescence of our parents. Girltime :).
They just sent me an automated mail that my CV was not sufficient to get an interview with them.. LOL! :laugh: :o_o: :laugh:
It was signed by the person who interviewed me!

Someone doesn't have their administration sorted..

On November 22, 1963, John Fitzgerald Kennedy was assassinated in Dallas, Texas by Lee Harvey Oswald.

If anyone here ever finds themself in Dallas, I highly recommend a visit to the Sixth Floor Museum, which is located on the sixth floor of the old schoolbook depository, exactly where Lee Harvey Oswald fired that fatal shot. If you are a history buff, plan to spend at least two hours there.

The Sixth Floor Museum | The Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza

CD

If anyone here ever finds themself in Dallas, I highly recommend a visit to the Sixth Floor Museum, which is located on the sixth floor of the old schoolbook depository, exactly where Lee Harvey Oswald fired that fatal shot. If you are a history buff, plan to spend at least two hours there.

The Sixth Floor Museum | The Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza

CD
DH and I went here many years ago, amazing!
He is a really US History buff!
Over the course of the years we have been to so many places, you'd be flabbergasted!

the grader has been down our part of the road today. they've not done a very good job. we're due lots of rain tomorrow & Thursday. don't think it is going to last to the end of the week and the mess at the bottom of our track. yuck there is a 20-25cm drop onto the road to negotiate instead of it being, well the same height. really not impressed.

Finally an update on the eldest stepson's situation.

He suddenly has to be moved tomorrow instead of tuesday, and then he'll stay in a crisis centre for a week. Then another move to a temp place that will keep him till january and then he goes to his new home..
And all those moves are once again ours to do because nobody else feels responsible, including his mother who never does anything but complain.

The law mandates that he be cared for, but no law mandates how he gets there. So that comes down to us again because the curatorship hearing has once again been postponed due to covid so we're STILL his legal guardians. Mind you, he should have had a curator in march already.

It's so exhausting and unfair to my husband. And I can't help due to my disability. Thankfully younger stepson will help!

Finally an update on the eldest stepson's situation.

He suddenly has to be moved tomorrow instead of tuesday, and then he'll stay in a crisis centre for a week. Then another move to a temp place that will keep him till january and then he goes to his new home..
And all those moves are once again ours to do because nobody else feels responsible, including his mother who never does anything but complain.

The law mandates that he be cared for, but no law mandates how he gets there. So that comes down to us again because the curatorship hearing has once again been postponed due to covid so we're STILL his legal guardians. Mind you, he should have had a curator in march already.

It's so exhausting and unfair to my husband. And I can't help due to my disability. Thankfully younger stepson will help!

Sounds so unfair, what if you disappeared for a few days, the state would have to step in????

Russ

I'm pretty certain I was playing in a paddling pool in my backyard when my mum came running outside crying. I was about 6.

Russ

I vaguely remember hiding behind an end table in the living room because everyone was so upset and i was scared because i didn't understand. I was 3.

My delivery of 2 trays of large are due Tuesday. Do you get many double yolks? I get about 30% double.

Russ

Oh, you just reminded me that I had my very first double yolk egg earlier this week when I made my scrambled egg with leftover roasted potatoes and cheese. What made it rare was that they were supermarket eggs, which are inspected with bright backlighting. This one got through.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom