The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed but as long as anyone coming in here is aware that it just general chat and not a political platform then why not? Sometimes it is good to just chat.
TBH I hadn't noticed anyone here voicing any political views (unless you count me and my anti-marriage rant some time ago!). So - I doubt (perhaps naively) that that would happen.

The problem with building a community here is that there are so many people who join and seem to really get involved and then disappear. Perhaps that's what happens on any forum. I don't know if its possible to see who are the long term regular posters in the 'now' to see how many there are. I know that we can click on the members and most messages but there are some there that haven't logged in or posted for two months or more or in one case, a year.

Anyway - the idea has my support. I'm always willing to talk a bit of drivel.

TBH I hadn't noticed anyone here voicing any political views (unless you count me and my anti-marriage rant some time ago!). So - I doubt (perhaps naively) that that would happen.

The problem with building a community here is that there are so many people who join and seem to really get involved and then disappear. Perhaps that's what happens on any forum. I don't know if its possible to see who are the long term regular posters in the 'now' to see how many there are. I know that we can click on the members and most messages but there are some there that haven't logged in or posted for two months or more or in one case, a year.

Anyway - the idea has my support. I'm always willing to talk a bit of drivel.

Some people on CC can you be hot headed at times which is what I meant, so far I haven't come across anyone on here which is good. Some days drivel is most welcome.

I won't be adding a politics forum here or to the gardening forum. Occasional political discussions pertinent to the theme of CookingBites, such as agricultural policy, import/export regulations, food restrictions, farming subsidies, etc. are fine, but I'd prefer not to have general political threads.

As to community chat, there's no reason why we cannot throw up a general chat thread similar to Tea? (although it would be a misnomer on CookingBites so would need a new thread title), and perhaps import some of the longer-running threads from CC's Cafe to see how they go.

Cheers,
Shaun :D

As to community chat, there's no reason why we cannot throw up a general chat thread similar to Tea? (although it would be a misnomer on CookingBites so would need a new thread title), and perhaps import some of the longer-running threads from CC's Cafe to see how they go.
It sounds like most people would like something Shaun.
Importing one or two of the longer running threads from CC's could be good idea to get them going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom