The most recent meal I cooked was ...

Shaun

Guru
Local time
8:56 AM
... Thai green curry; and delicious it was too (although probably completely unauthentic as part of it came out of a packet ...:shy:).

... Thai green curry; and delicious it was too (although probably completely unauthentic as part of it came out of a packet ...:shy:).
Tu tut...

The last meal I cooked is just as lazy. Cod in batter and chips. Both frozen and ready to oven-bake. To be fair, frozen cod in batter is not a bad product!

I reheated the last of my spicy sweet potato, potato, tomato and pea pie, serving it with cauliflower, kale, fried egg and a chickpea, onion and curry powder fry. Dessert was some raw chocolate and nut slices. Kept simple because I had spent the day preparing other things such as a cashew nut cheese (2 versions) and some spicy tofu sausages which I was making for the first time and heat a huge list of ingredients which I promptly added some mashed kidney beans, ground cumin and ground coriander to as well. That is in the fridge maturing, then needs assembly, 30 mins steaming before cooling and the cooking to eat during the week. The cashew nut cheese will mature for a while yet and then there's the sourdough to do tomorrow, it's currently proofing. I was busy.

Last meal I cooked today was butternut squash and blue cheese quiche. Made from scratch so it makes up for my laziness yesterday.

My culinary adventure will start with putting a pizza in the oven for lunch :laugh:
We may have gone one up on that. An excellent vegan Cafe in Canberra called sweet bones. I have just found out that they are now doing evening meals on a Thursday between 6-9pm as well... :hungry:

Evening meal tonight was some garlic Turkish bread reheated in the oven with hummus and fried onions. A navel orange for dessert. They are in season here and rivalling those we had on the island of Rhodes 4 1/2 years ago.

We may have gone one up on that. An excellent vegan Cafe in Canberra called sweet bones. I have just found out that they are now doing evening meals on a Thursday between 6-9pm as well... :hungry:

Evening meal tonight was some garlic Turkish bread reheated in the oven with hummus and fried onions. A navel orange for dessert. They are in season here and rivalling those we had on the island of Rhodes 4 1/2 years ago.

I will be pushing the boat out later, fries in the oven, grill some sausages, fry 2 eggs and do some peas.

Back
Top Bottom