The Oscars

Karen W

Über Member
Local time
12:08 PM
Do you watch the Academy Awards? Have a movie-themed menu or party, or nibbles? Do you have a favorite movie etc. you want to win?

The plan is...

Champagne.
I have a few cheapo bottles of Andre left over from New Year's Eve.
Glitterazzi popcorn in martini glasses.
Everything bagel pizza.
(Lox and cream cheese, etc. It's a knock-off of Wolfgang Puck's smoked salmon & caviar pizza, without the caviar)
"Black & Whites"
(Ice cream sodas - chocolate soda w vanilla fudge ice cream)

Shared links here before for above, but not the ice cream sodas. The receipe is on Mr. Food's website.

I watched some of it. They were naming contestants, but they kept on show blasted commercials after each time!! Then someone told me that the whole thing airs until the end of the month!! Forget it!! I'm not watching that!!! So boring!!!! :mad::headshake:

Last edited:
I watched some of it. They were naming contestants, but they kept on show blasted commercials after each time!! Then someone told me that the whole thing airs until the end of the month!! Forget it!! I'm not watching that!!! So boring!!!! :mad::headshake:
And just think...they took steps to shorten the program this year...and it still took over 3 hours!

My plan is usually:
  1. Forget what day the Oscars are airing.
  2. Find out who won the categories I care about once I realize they already happened.
  3. Check highlights of whatever humorous event may have happened at the show.

Wow. I'm surprised there's no interest here. It's broadcast live & viewed by millions around the world (?) every year. The food served/eaten, entertainment & attire are other topics of interest. I was going to add to the topic, but don't see much point. Different strokes I guess.

Wow. I'm surprised there's no interest here. It's broadcast live & viewed by millions around the world (?) every year. The food served/eaten, entertainment & attire are other topics of interest. I was going to add to the topic, but don't see much point. Different strokes I guess.
Don't feel bad. I keep hearing that Game of Thrones is the most popular show in the world, but I still have a hard time finding anyone who wants to talk about it.

Food is served at the "After" parties. Elton John and chef Wolfgang Puck are a few that participate. I almost always look up the menu for WPs Governors Ball party on line. The menu and decor is spectacular.

Heard one of Elton John's favorites is mascarpone and bleu cheese on raisin bread, dipped in egg & fried. Don't recall exactly. Watched a chef prepare it as a party appetizer.

I enjoyed the music. Adam Lambert opened w 2 queen songs, and Bette midler sung a song from Mary Poppins. Beautiful.

Last edited:
Sorry no :headshake:

The only tv programme we 'celebrate' is the last day of The Tour De France, a bottle of fizz and some good quality chocolate :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom