The pan I use most

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
2:38 PM
I was thinking about this today and realised that I probably use a deep sided frying pan more than anything else. But its not because I'm frying all the time. Its just that its a convenient size for making a meal for two - or even one. When the kids were at home I used a big chef's pan almost every day. Now it lingers empty and unused...its too huge. :ohmy:

Which pan do you use most and why?

A 12-inch cast iron skillet and a 7-quart enameled cast iron Dutch oven.

I like them both because of their versatility. I can make nearly anything in those two pans, even breads and cakes and fruit desserts.

A roasting dish for roasts or even just a meal for two of us. The same cooks also for 10 as well. I don't like too many pans.

Russ

Rachael Ray Orange Casserole..png
Toaster oven Bakeware..jpg

These cute littler items that can fit nicely in the toaster oven are a joy to have!!:wink:

10-inch non-stick aluminum pan from the Restaurant supply store (don't know the brand), and one of my LeCreuset dutch ovens (I have three sizes that I use pretty equally).

CD

I seem to use one like this more than any other:

518gK-3XHeL._SX425_.jpg

It's a small frying pan, maybe 6" (15 cm) across. I rarely use it when preparing a recipe - in that case, it's going to be a similar one that's at least twice the size - but I frequently use it when making a single-serving thing (like a breakfast burrito or a sandwich).

hat's all my cabinets and racks can store.
Very nice. Now I want to add a hanging rack for my pots and pans!

I seem to use one like this more than any other:

View attachment 31585
It's a small frying pan, maybe 6" (15 cm) across. I rarely use it when preparing a recipe - in that case, it's going to be a similar one that's at least twice the size - but I frequently use it when making a single-serving thing (like a breakfast burrito or a sandwich).

Very nice. Now I want to add a hanging rack for my pots and pans!

Looks like the one I use - but mine is bigger (about 21cm)

I really use pans that are suited to the meal(s) I'm making. The ones that get the most use are probably the LC brasier and the pasta pot.

Back
Top Bottom