The Paranormal, Ghosts, And ESP

flyinglentris

Disabled and Retired Veteran
Local time
11:49 PM
[Mod.Edit: Post moved to start new thread (TR)]

Ghosts are a psychological retention of past people, and may be suggested people which were never known. Auto-suggestion or externally applied hypnosis is a big trigger for ghost appearances. Be ware of people who ply the fabric of ghosts by means of hypnosis or suggestion. Your ghosts may often be cons perpetrated by people who suggest them through hypnosis. Your typical psychic is a vendor of suggestion.

Spiritually, my preferred grasp is that the slate is wiped clean on passing. Self awareness is one of those things which has always amazed me as in - being aware that I am, that my existing is unique in time and space. That awareness is the basis of my spiritual, cognitive and intellectual being. The body is simply the fabric which not only gives physical presence, but also conscious and cognitive presence, - spiritual presence. When the body dies, all memories and personality are erased. The spirit at that point, if it continues that quality of being the 'I am' thing after death, may find reincarnation, - or some other spiritual afterlife. But I don't believe it hangs around as a ghost. Without the fabric of the body to provide the spirit its property of mind retention, the personality of a spiritual ghost is impossible.

The apparition of a ghost, is only possible in the active imagination of a living person - a suggestion in an existing person's imagination. Things that go bump in the night and unexplained noises, movements of objects, etc. cannot be caused by ghosts, but will have a natural causality. Worst, such things may be perpetrated by hoaxers.

It is fun to play a belief in ghosts, but it is best to understand spiritual presence, most importantly, your own. Your spiritual, cognitive and intellectual presence should be your most important possession. It is your very existence. Keep it clean and well. Understand that as body health declines, your spiritual, cognitive and intellectual presence declines as well. The use of recreational drugs and alcohol, similarly, alters your spiritual, cognitive and intellectual presence because those things mess with the body, altering it from its pure state. While you can, use your intelligence to understand and care for your spiritual, cognitive and intellectual presence.

Last edited by a moderator:
In my opinion, the real world is strange enough as it is. Nothing supernatural required!

They make for great stories though.

The real world is becoming hilarious to me. It was once controversial and sad. But today's reactive personalities are so totally out of control that it is indeed, laughable. There are many things I could have predicted in the course of my life as it progressed to my current senior age, but the rampant stupidity of today's reactive personalities is so far off the graph that I am totally and completely amused. And yes, that the sane and disciplined minds among us allowed it to get so bad, is indeed, strange. Who would have thought? I pity today's youth for what their tomorrow will be. And that has nothing to do with the paranormal. It is the abnormal becoming the normal.

:roflmao:

The paranormal...like most things, I'm agnostic about it. Don't know, and until it is known, don't care.

Of course, I love all that stuff for the entertainment value, including even spending the night more than once in purported haunted buildings, listening and looking for things. No luck yet. :laugh:

But, who's to say there's not something there, and the current science just isn't sophisticated enough to measure it yet? It's fun to think about, but that's about it for me.

Back
Top Bottom