The Perfect Cookie for a Cozy Weekend

Rainymuffins

Local time
5:02 AM
Hello All,

Today is my last day of work before a week of Thanksgiving Break, and I am creating a wish list of everything I plan to bake this week to get into the festive spirit. For me, Thanksgiving and the end of the year in general evokes feelings of hygge, coziness, and comfort foods, and so I want to bake things that taste scrumptious and go perfectly with a snuggly sweater, fuzzy socks, a cup of coffee, and a juicy book. As a homebody, I'll be baking for me, myself, and I, so small portions too. I've been doing some research for some recipes and came across this one that was so charming that I wanted to share it. I'll be baking it this weekend, so I'll create another post with pictures and a taste review as well :)

This recipe is from Food52, and is a single-serving chocolate and peanut butter cookie (how could you go wrong?). I thought this was so cute because the serving size is literally 1 cookie. Here's the link: https://food52.com/recipes/77260-single-serving-chocolate-and-peanut-butter-cookie

Recipe

Makes: 1 cookie
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 1 min

Ingredients:
  • 2 tablespoons peanut butter, preferably natural
  • 2 tablespoons heaping, quick-cooking or instant oats
  • 1 teaspoon confectioners’ sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1 tablespoon semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1pinch flaky sea salt, for garnish (optional)
Directions:
  1. Stir the peanut butter, oats, sugar, and vanilla together in a small bowl until completely combined. Using your fingers, shape the mixture into a 2 1/2-inch-wide (6-cm), 1/2-inch-thick (12-mm) disk. Press the tines of a fork into the top of the cookie. Chill on a parchment-lined plate in the freezer until firm, about 5 minutes.
  2. Once the cookie is cold and hard, melt the chocolate in the microwave in 15-second bursts until stirrable. Spread half the chilled cookie with the chocolate, and sprinkle with a little flaky sea salt, if you like. The chocolate should set when it hits the cold cookie, but if it doesn’t, you can return it to the freezer for a minute or two.
I'll make another post after I make it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Its a 'no cook' recipe aside from melting some chocolate in the microwave. Its certainly, 'no bake'. I'm curious to see how it might work. My only thought is that when the cookie comes out of the freezer and becomes room temperature then it will become soft. So perhaps you have to eat it when frozen?

Its a 'no cook' recipe aside from melting some chocolate in the microwave. Its certainly, 'no bake'. I'm curious to see how it might work. My only thought is that when the cookie comes out of the freezer and becomes room temperature then it will become soft. So perhaps you have to eat it when frozen?
I wondered also at what stage you eat it. Is it vegan? :)

Russ

Looks similar to the refridgerater cookies mom got a notion to try out when we were kids. I kinda think it is more of a candy than a cookie. I don't remember being all that impressed with them in comparision to real peanut butter cookies.

I was skeptical at first of the no-bake, but eating it immediately is pretty good, though I prefer baked cookies. Freezing might work, and you could dip it in tea or something :)

Looks similar to the refridgerater cookies mom got a notion to try out when we were kids. I kinda think it is more of a candy than a cookie. I don't remember being all that impressed with them in comparision to real peanut butter cookies.
I agree, and yes, much more of a gooey sweet treat than a cookie!

Back
Top Bottom