the refrigerator pickle.

bburned

Local time
4:57 PM
Everyone uses 1:1:1. Water, vinegar, sugar. I did 1:1:.75. maybe even half sugar.
plus a big pinch of salt. Teaspoon maybe

Everyone uses 1:1:1. Water, vinegar, sugar. I did 1:1:.75. maybe even half sugar.
plus a big pinch of salt. Teaspoon maybe

I assume these are what we call gerkins?
I do a pickle of 1 litre white vinegar 1 cup of sugar. Spices also added. Seeds etc.

Russ

Every time that I pickle onions they are initially stored in a dark cupboard. After a month or two they are relocated to the fridge where they then appear to be good for about another six months at least.

I pickle with 5% acetic acid vinegar, whole peppercorns, slotted red chillis and sliced garlic. No additional water and no sugar. In fact I painstakingly dry the onions after brining to minimise the residual water. Nothing is cooked nor heated.

1658139082438.png

"Bite Back" Pickled Onions Recipe - Food.com

Last edited:
Every time that I pickle onions they are initially stored in a dark cupboard. After a month or two they are relocated to the fridge where they then appear to be good for about another six months at least.

I pickle with 5% acetic acid vinegar, whole peppercorns, slotted red chillis and sliced garlic. No additional water and no sugar. In fact I painstakingly dry the onions after brining to minimise the residual water. Nothing is cooked nor heated.

If I pickle cucumbers or gherkins the process is exactly the same.

Back
Top Bottom