The return of Sea Eggs

I also love oysters, But what do you mean by 'the icy coloured thing'?

I think they call it granita. You can make it at home and choose your own desired flavor like lemon, grapefruit and so on. I think the colors are eye catchy very appropriate for the otherwise bland taste of an oyster.

Attachments

• granita.jpg
    granita.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 264
I think they call it granita. You can make it at home and choose your own desired flavor like lemon, grapefruit and so on. I think the colors are eye catchy very appropriate for the otherwise bland taste of an oyster.
That's interesting I've never come across the granita idea before (and I eat oysters a lot, in restaurants and at home). It is very pretty. Perhaps its a US thing. But really, you think oysters are bland? :eek: I will have to have a think about how to put into words, their exquisite taste...!

Last edited:
I got a call yesterday asking me if I wanted sea eggs. I refused. A five year ban has been lifted and it's legal to buy sea eggs again. Truth be told I just have vague memories of my mom preparing it when I was a child. I also remember me not loving it.

It's back and it's expensive but the crave is on. Everyone excuding me and my household seems to want it. Here's what sea egg looks like. Maybe it's called by another name where you live. I'd like to know.
View attachment 1636 View attachment 1635[/QUOT
I got a call yesterday asking me if I wanted sea eggs. I refused. A five year ban has been lifted and it's legal to buy sea eggs again. Truth be told I just have vague memories of my mom preparing it when I was a child. I also remember me not loving it.

It's back and it's expensive but the crave is on. Everyone excuding me and my household seems to want it. Here's what sea egg looks like. Maybe it's called by another name where you live. I'd like to know.
View attachment 1636 View attachment 1635

I never heard of sea eggs. I love seafood but it doesn't look like anything I am familiar with. I grew up inland so we didn't really eat fish when I was a kid. The exception would be fish sticks. I guess that sea eggs might be an acquired taste. There are lots of things I have not heard of, and yet are eaten in various places around the world.

Back
Top Bottom