The tattoos and piercings thread

JAS_OH1

Forum GOD!
Local time
12:17 PM
[Mod.edit: this and several following posts moved to new topic (MG)]

That's one thing about Mr OH and I, no piercings or tattoos. Not trendy or edgy I guess, lol. Well I do have 1 piercing in each ear, but nothing more.

Last edited by a moderator:
So many people have tattoos and piercings it is no longer edgy or trendy anyway.
Yeah, one of my older sisters used to hang with bikers back in the late 70s and early 80s, she got tattoos when it wasn't "cool" LOL. My eldest stepdaughter has several and multiple piercings in her ears, plus she had a naval piercing (which ended up getting infected and she didn't keep it) and a tongue piercing that she no longer wears a stud in. She is in her early 30s and wishes she hadn't gotten some of the tattoos, as they are on her arms so she can't go sleeveless without them showing.

I am waiting for the fashion to change, some day soon it will become cool to not have tattoos and influencers will preach against them, leaving the next generation unadorned and perhaps without beards. The result will be thousands of people regretting the often bad designs scratched into their skin. My prediction, if you want to get rich in the next ten years then get into the tattoo removal game.
Ugh, I would hate being that close to someone else (other than my husband and family) to be removing tattoos. I used to be a massage therapist and for the most part people were clean, but there were people who were not or had horrible bad breath, and that was always very hard for me. And when I got my medical transcription degree, my teachers in anatomy, physiology, pathophysiology were impressed with my grades and suggested I become a nurse. No friggin way, body fluids need to stay on the inside of the body. I want nothing to do with blood, saliva, etc.

I'll bet we have some members here with tattoos and/or piercings. But who... will you step forward and show us your adornments? :D

I'll bet we have some members here with tattoos and/or piercings. But who... will you step forward and show us your adornments? :D
A new thread: "show me your tattoos and piercings" LOL. I actually knew some people in Florida who had piercings and tattoos in places that are too risque for our forum!

. I actually knew some people in Florida who had piercings and tattoos in places that are too risque for our forum!

I know plenty of those people and rather like all that. But such things would have to be censored for this forum. However, if anyone wants to show us their 'non-risqué' adornments, then please go ahead.

I know plenty of those people and rather like all that. But such things would have to be censored for this forum. However, if anyone wants to show us their 'non-risqué' adornments, then please go ahead.
Well I like my friends who had/have them, but never have I asked to see them, LOL. Sounds rather painful.

Tattoo here on the back right shoulder, far before tattoos were cool ... small rose. Suppose I did it just to rebel, still remember how mad my parents were. Funny to think about it now and how much of a ruckus it caused when I got it. Now we all laugh about it.

Yeah, I've never been the type to commit: I would never get a tattoo, but when I was in my early 20's I had a whole mess of piercings. The first one I got was called the tragas (the cartilage that you can fold to block access to the ear). Then the navel. The the nipples. I'll stop there.

Best part about piercings, I got rid of them all in one go with no additional cost or discomfort. 😉

No tat in sight here. By rights I should have plenty from biker days. But I resisted peer pressure.
Left ear pierced when I was 15 by a chicks mum I was seeing at the time. 2 blocks of ice and a needle.
Never been a fan of them. All my kids have tattoos.

Russ

Yeah, I've never been the type to commit: I would never get a tattoo, but when I was in my early 20's I had a whole mess of piercings. The first one I got was called the tragas (the cartilage that you can fold to block access to the ear). Then the navel. The the nipples. I'll stop there.

Best part about piercings, I got rid of them all in one go with no additional cost or discomfort. 😉
One of my husband's younger cousins got gages in his ears in his late teens and the holes in his lobes were quite large by 21. After he graduated college he had to remove them and get his lobes sewn shut for his new job. His ears still look very odd, he says he really regrets getting them.

Back
Top Bottom