The Twelve Days of Christmas

flyinglentris

Disabled and Retired Veteran
Local time
9:28 AM
It's December 15th and Christmas Day falls on the 25th. Therefore, the Ten Days of Christmas begins tomorrow.

Do you honor that song with your special somebody?

You old romantic, I thought it was 12 days ? if I brought home an unannounced present my wife would accuse me of being naughty with the dancing ladies.

An early printed version: Anonymous broadside, Angus, Newcastle, 1774–1825

1608116047781.png

I think a couple of days got lost on the crossing 😀 We have twelve, and they start on Dec 25th. There is an excellent version of the song, if only I could find it.

My bad. I thought it was 10 and guessed whether it preceded or followed Xmas. No, I'm not going senile.

I think I'll give the ladies of my house each a packet of those Chestnuts I just received. After all, I received 12 packets and had not intended to get any more than 3. They are soooo good. And with them being Vietnamese Americans, they likely never tried them before. Again, I'm guessing.

My bad. I thought it was 10 and guessed whether it preceded or followed Xmas. No, I'm not going senile.

I think I'll give the ladies of my house each a packet of those Chestnuts I just received. After all, I received 12 packets and had not intended to get any more than 3. They are soooo good. And with them being Vietnamese Americans, they likely never tried them before. Again, I'm guessing.
If you want an idea to make them even better, how about marrons glace? That's what I bought mine for.

Back
Top Bottom