The unspeakable becomes the inedible

Duck59

Guru
Local time
10:09 PM
Website
duckholiday.com
Oh no...my local bakery has started selling Irn Bru doughnuts (or donuts, as they insist on calling them for reasons that remain unclear).

For those unfamiliar, Irn Bru is a rust-coloured fizzy drink popular in Scotland, but virtually unheard of anywhere else. Its popularity is quite unfathomable. Fizzy, sweet, sickly and gooey, it is, as least to my mind, utterly repulsive filth.

4.jpg

Actually it's quite well known in England too - as to it's taste - each to their own on that one. I suspect there are worse things to add into a recipe and after all do / dough nuts aren't exactly health food at the best of times

Oh no...my local bakery has started selling Irn Bru doughnuts (or donuts, as they insist on calling them for reasons that remain unclear).

For those unfamiliar, Irn Bru is a rust-coloured fizzy drink popular in Scotland, but virtually unheard of anywhere else. Its popularity is quite unfathomable. Fizzy, sweet, sickly and gooey, it is, as least to my mind, utterly repulsive filth.

View attachment 2751
Looks vile. A doughnut is a doughnut and doesn't need messing with.

Well, yes, I appreciate that doughnuts are unlikely to feature on a nutritionist's recommended list, but even so...

I'm also informed that there is a chip shop in Perth that sells the things deep-fried.

Well, yes, I appreciate that doughnuts are unlikely to feature on a nutritionist's recommended list, but even so...

I'm also informed that there is a chip shop in Perth that sells the things deep-fried.
I thought doughnuts were already deep fried. Do you mean they dip an already fried doughnut into batter and fry it again?

Irn Bru was nice in the good old days, before they starting putting tons of sugar in it. I used to like "proper" Fanta too - much better than the muck they sell now.

Back
Top Bottom