The Way We Were

So are you going to post one of yourself... ? :) I imagine you looking rather fit (with an earring).

As I mentioned all our albums etc are in a trunk upstairs. I'll try and dig out in the weekend. There's one of me in my whites,lol shorts and top, as a school athletics champ. My kids never believed me til I dug it out about 3 or 4 years ago. It's a funny pic.

Russ

This is me at a Hyde Park free concert - Blind Faith in 1969. It made the centre spread of the Daily Mirror newspaper with the caption 'Bubbles on a Summers Day'. If you Google images 'girl hippy in Hyde Park' it comes up very near the the top! I didn't realise this until a while ago my sister contacted me and said 'is this you?'

I remember the journalist and photographer chatting to me and asking me to pose the photo!

View attachment 30754

That really is a beautiful pic, I would definitely have it on a wall some where.!!

Russ

View attachment 30762

Actually, that's Chef Kevin Bludso the world-renowned bbq chef who is famous for his real down-home bbq cuisine. I probably look like him to you because my head is shaved in that pic, my arms are folded & I'm also wearing a black shirt. Hah!! He's my idol!! You can see him as a guest chef on certain eps of Paramont TV's Bar Rescue with Jon Taffer! :wink:
He’s on “BBQ Brawl: Flay v. Symon” right now! Check it out on Food Network. The series just started, and he’s one of the contestants in a weekly elimination challenge (episode 1). It’s a brutal competition, with everyone being a legend. He is a heck of a pit master.

Last edited:
Oh, all right then. This dates from (I think) 1987. The venue is the Queen's Arms in Oxford, though you won't find a Queen's Arms there now. It has been through a few reinventions, including a cod Irish pub (Rosie O'Grady's) and the weirdly-named Duke's Cut. Its current guise is a tapas bar with the very silly name of The Lighthouse.

Nor will you find the beer I'm drinking. It is Morrell's bitter and the Morrell's brewery in Oxford closed many years ago.

I even recognise the man who is half hidden behind me. Sadly, you'll be unlikely to find him these days as he was well into his sixties then. He was a large German chap called Karl, who had been a submariner and was captured by the British in the war. He remained in the UK and was a regular in the pub. A true gentle giant and a lovely man.

Mugshot 2.jpg

Oh, all right then. This dates from (I think) 1987. The venue is the Queen's Arms in Oxford, though you won't find a Queen's Arms there now. It has been through a few reinventions, including a cod Irish pub (Rosie O'Grady's) and the weirdly-named Duke's Cut. Its current guise is a tapas bar with the very silly name of The Lighthouse.

Nor will you find the beer I'm drinking. It is Morrell's bitter and the Morrell's brewery in Oxford closed many years ago.

I even recognise the man who is half hidden behind me. Sadly, you'll be unlikely to find him these days as he was well into his sixties then. He was a large German chap called Karl, who had been a submariner and was captured by the British in the war. He remained in the UK and was a regular in the pub. A true gentle giant and a lovely man.

View attachment 30792

Cool dude!

View attachment 30792

What about that T-shirt? Still exists?

Back
Top Bottom