The Way We Were

Me with my Head Shaved..jpg

Here's me several years ago, with my head shaved. arms folded & wearing a black shirt. Was out with the gang one evening at a Chinese restaurant!! :wink:

This is me at a Hyde Park free concert - Blind Faith in 1969. It made the centre spread of the Daily Mirror newspaper with the caption 'Bubbles on a Summers Day'. If you Google images 'girl hippy in Hyde Park' it comes up very near the the top! I didn't realise this until a while ago my sister contacted me and said 'is this you?'

I remember the journalist and photographer chatting to me and asking me to pose the photo!

gettyimages-592258438-1024x1024.jpg

In another thread @morning glory said:

"Maybe we should have a new thread where members post photos of themselves when younger."

Here's one of mine. Show us yours.

Peace.

View attachment 30751
You look like you came from that "I'd Like To Buy The World A Coke" commercial...I love it!

Here's me, 18 or 19 years old, so '84 or '85:
DAB47317-3983-4BBF-8188-7CEB5C39F067.jpeg

This is me at a Hyde Park free concert - Blind Faith in 1969. It made the centre spread of the Daily Mirror newspaper with the caption 'Bubbles on a Summers Day'. If you Google images 'girl hippy in Hyde Park' it comes up very near the the top! I didn't realise this until a while ago my sister contacted me and said 'is this you?'

I remember the journalist and photographer chatting to me and asking me to pose the photo!

View attachment 30754
Love it! We used to blow bubbles and hand out popcorn necklaces at the be-ins and love-ins in Central Park (sheep's meadow) in New York. My pic was taken around 1969 too. It was a good year. Many fond memories. :)

You look like your avatar. Lol
Chef Kevin Bludso..jpg 2.jpg

Actually, that's Chef Kevin Bludso the world-renowned bbq chef who is famous for his real down-home bbq cuisine. I probably look like him to you because my head is shaved in that pic, my arms are folded & I'm also wearing a black shirt. Hah!! He's my idol!! You can see him as a guest chef on certain eps of Paramont TV's Bar Rescue with Jon Taffer! :wink:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom