The Way We Were

Have we got to guess which is you in the school photo?

Well, this was me when I was much bigger in Wimbourne. With me mum.

OK - I´ll bite. I´ve been going through a whole load of photos I´d dumped on my laptop, and I found this one from 74 - a university "Formal". For those of you who´ve never heard of a "Formal", it is/was a boozy dance night where you got all dressed up.
Like Elton John said:
I remember when love was young,
Me and Susy had so much fun...

(That´s Susy on the right!)

Me looking sweaty in 2017 when I was on a very high dose of prednisone, with the daughter of a friend of mine. The only picture I have with a small child and me! Also the only child who ever crawled on my lap by themselves.

Also on prednisone, somewhere in 2015. Smoking a shisha, one of my favorite things I very rarely do. Not with anything drug related. Just apple tobacco here. I don't smoke by the way. Just once every few years I indulge in this.

And me with our first dog, a Saluki named Bedayaah.

I'm second left with an absolute mop of hair. Actually got caught with tins of lager in my backpack while there. The teacher Ted Ray decided to show everyone how to pack a rucksack and picked on mine. After finding my tins he said that if he found anymore he would cancel the trip and return home. Good job he didn't search every one else's pack...

My Mother recently gave me my High School Graduation Picture. I look at myself and wonder where that lovely young woman went.
Tell me how to post that picture. Thanks.
BTW - I do have a scanner printer. I do not know how to use it for scanning.

My Mother recently gave me my High School Graduation Picture. I look at myself and wonder where that lovely young woman went.
Tell me how to post that picture. Thanks.
BTW - I do have a scanner printer. I do not know how to use it for scanning.

My printer/scanner is a Hewlett Packard. The software on the desktop to which the printer is attached has two main controls - <PRINT> and <SCAN>. Place the photograph on the scanner bed, select <SCAN>, indicate where you would like the scan saved and the name you wish to give it and press <START>.

Of course, your printer/scanner could have a different procedure but it shouldn't be substantially different. You won't break anything with trial and error.

My printer/scanner is a Hewlett Packard. The software on the desktop to which the printer is attached has two main controls - <PRINT> and <SCAN>. Place the photograph on the scanner bed, select <SCAN>, indicate where you would like the scan saved and the name you wish to give it and press <START>.

Of course, your printer/scanner could have a different procedure but it shouldn't be substantially different. You won't break anything with trial and error.
Mine is a Brother. I place the photo on the scanner bed but I accress scan using my mouse.

Elizabeth, if you go into your control panel in your computer, click on printers and devices and open it up, then click on your printer, there should be a list of printer functions and scan should be there.

You can also just take a photo of the photo using your smartphone.

Back
Top Bottom