The Way We Were

That's what I do. I can't be fussed with all the scanning and transferring and all that.
I'm accustomed to scanning in receipts for work, so a photo is easy enough. And I like having a copy on my computer.

BTW - I do have a scanner printer. I do not know how to use it for scanning.

You can also just take a photo of the photo using your smartphone
given that it's not exactly for best use putting an image on CB and you don't want to be able to print from it (off CB that is), this is the best option. both of the images I posted above are photos of photos. I didn't even remove them from their frame, just cleaned the dust off it.

However, a lot of mine are slides - any easy tips on how to digitise them?
dedicated slide scanner... you can get standard scanners with an attachment that does the job well but otherwise you'll need a macro lens... there is an add-on to a macro lens that you clip the slide into but I've never used it.

All of the professional photographers I've supported the computers of over the years have just had dedicated slide scanners. it's a device about the size of an electronic pencil sharpener... some are very expensive, but even the cheap ones give pretty good results.
negatives on the other hand...

What do you mean? A stand alone scanner? Isn't there anything that works with a smartphone...? I guess not.
A dedicated slide scanner is exactly that. A scanning device that takes slides and slides only. I doubt it would work with a phone but would with your macbook. The last are I saw was about 15cm by 10cm and may be 12cm high. It is literally a case of slot the slide in, press the button and it does the work ... but software can change settings & restore colour etc (Integrated with PS iirc)

A dedicated slide scanner is exactly that. A scanning device that takes slides and slides only. I doubt it would work with a phone but would with your macbook. The last are I saw was about 15cm by 10cm and may be 12cm high. It is literally a case of slot the slide in, press the button and it does the work ... but software can change settings & restore colour etc (Integrated with PS iirc)

Thanks. There do seem to ones that work directly with a smartphone and not expensive.

I'm accustomed to scanning in receipts for work, so a photo is easy enough. And I like having a copy on my computer.

Every year, living in Thailand as a foreigner, I am required to report to Immigration and provide copies of numerous documents in order to obtain permission to stay for another year. That is the only reason that I still have the printer/scanner, otherwise I would just nip down to the local print shop and get them to scan/print the odd copy.

A very young me and Ali.

Back
Top Bottom