Theme Party

ElizabethB

Guru
Local time
2:49 PM
If you were to host a 1960's party what would you serve, both food and drinks? How would you decorate? What would you wear?
A '60s party would be a challenge . The early part of the decade is a hangover from the '50s. That transitions to mini skirts, GoGo boots and hot pants. Then the Hippie Era. Let it all hang out.
We all have time for imagination . What would your 1960' party look like?
Keep it real.

Scusi,
What is key party please?

Sarana x

Are you sure you want to know? It assumes guests have driven to the party. Each couples car keys go in to a basket. Then keys are pulled out at random. The key you choose is the couple you swap partners with. I think that is how it goes... not that I've ever participated in such a thing. :giggle:

Not in the 60's that was high school for me. 70's and early 80's were another story. Not the key party, lots of illegal goodies
I sometimes wonder how I survived.
Back to the question
How would you plan a 60's party?

Not in the 60's that was high school for me. 70's and early 80's were another story. Not the key party, lots of illegal goodies
I sometimes wonder how I survived.
Back to the question
How would you plan a 60's party?

I'd make sure all my appliances were avocado color! Also all the Tupperware!

Seriousl, I'd start researching food served during that time as well as tablescapes to start with.

I'll have to think about it, but I'd go for that '65-'66 Carnaby Street vibe, before the Summer Of Love '67 stuff took over.

I think everyone was drinking rum-and-cokes then, so I'd start with that. Not sure about the food yet. Music would be easy. Lots of jangle-pop.

Back
Top Bottom