There was a Raging fire in my Building!!!!

GadgetGuy

(Formerly Shermie)
Local time
9:42 AM
Last week on Thursday morning, a fire had broke out in the building!! A guy who lived down the hall, his apartment had burnt, He lost everything in it!!

Smoke came out when he had opened the dolor to escape. Some of the smoke made its way down the hall & into my apt!!! It had begun to seep under & around the door fast and furiously!! Looking out the window, I saw the firemen putting up ladders to the 2nd floor windows. To escape the smoke, I was forced to come out the bedroom window & down the ladder!!

Before that, I began choking & coughing. But I got out ok. I was wheeled up the street on a stretcher to an ambulance where I was checked out. Nothing wrong, thank God!! Myself & about 20 others were displaced, & we are staying at a hotel until our apts are safe to return to & stay in. Some had suffered water damage from the sprinkler system.

It was a mess over there!! They are in the process of fixing things up. But it looks like it might be while longer before we can return. Two people were sent to the hospital & were treated & releasedfor smoke inhalaton. Thank God that no one died!! Everyone had survived. :eek:

Last edited:
52586468_10218866479478868_4559945256082079744_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.jpg

Here's a pic of me being rescued.

Thanks, guys!! it WAS scary!!! Very!!! The smoke can kill before the actual fire can!!!! :eek::headshake:

I found out later that the Boston Fire Dept. had blamed me for the fire!!!! That is so not true!! I wish that they would get their facts straight before spreading such vicious lies & false rumors!!!
They've obviously gotten their wires crossed!!

And BTW, some of us are still in a hotel waiting for them to finish repairing the apts!! Some of the walls near the floor have to be cut away & replaced to get rid of possible mold & mildew,

Thanks. The guy in charge told me that my apt would be back to normal by next week sometime!! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom