Things to use in place of Flour

sorrowscall

Veteran
Local time
4:49 PM
I'm at a dilemma over here about cake. I was asked to make a cake, and I have everything I need except flour and eggs. I used vegetable oil in place of eggs and that usually works for cakes before, and I heard one can use bread instead of flour, but it doesn't seem to be true. I tried to make something with bread crumbs in place of flour and let's just say it didn't end well. Any ideas?

There is such thing as a flourless cake. :wink:
Usually, flourless cakes involve something in the stead of the flour, which is what I'm looking for at the moment; and I've not much time to think with the clock ticking as it is. In addition, to Ms. SatNavSaysStraight, I don't have nuts but I do have a friend helping with the cake that owns both those items; I should be able to use those. Initially, I was just going to borrow flour from them, but they were facing the same dilemma.

It's really isn't clear to me from your statement of you have any nuts at all. But I had posted up the recipe for a flourless chocolate cake previously that is even on the same page as your request. It was just a case of looking. :wink:

www.cookingbites.com/threads/chocolate-olive-oil-cake-wheat-free-dairy-free.3250/
I do also have somewhere a chocolate mousse cake recipe, bit can't recall the ingredients. I will see if I can look it out for you.

Last edited:
I haven't tried this yet but if you have cereal you could grind that up and use it instead of flour! That is something I am looking to try in a few days time... should be fun.

There is such thing as a flourless cake. :wink:
Yes, there is. It is called flourless chocolate cake and is rich dense cake often referred to as a torte. It's consistency heavily relies on the cocoa powder and eggs. That is why it is a very rich dark chocolate cake. You can also make cake out of almond flour, which is available at ready to use at most grocery stores in the states, no need to grind your own nuts.

Back
Top Bottom