This is a TV only offer...

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Staff member
Local time
6:16 AM
Website
www.satnavsaysstraighton.com
You know those adverts. They have all the key phrases. They make you cringe or at least they make my husband and I both cringe but they do also hold a degree of fascination. Do people really but these products?

"This is a TV only offer" = thank goodness for that
"But wait, we'll double the offer" = oh yeah?
"Ring now for..."
"But wait...."
"The first 27 callers will get...." (first 27 from when? )

The latest is that they'll triple the offer... I'm often left thinking that if I need 3 of the product, the quality is obviously so bad that it's not worth purchasing.

Over here in Australia, you also have to pay extra postage & handling for each extra... and if you want to return it, postage is up to you.

So I'm left wondering have anytime here ever actually purchased from "them"? If you did, what was it for? Do you still use it or did it break very easily?

That fad is not as prominent here as it was in the 70s and 80s. They still have those commercials, but not as often, that I can see.

CD

I'll never purchase from them but I do find them fascinating from a social point of view. People must buy from them to make them worthwhile but it certainly won't be anyone from this household...

After all why do I need to slice through 10 apples neatly arranged on a kitchen counter to slice into uneven pieces and leave half of them in the floor? :roflmao:

Back
Top Bottom