Thoughts about coleslaw

JAS_OH1

Forum GOD!
Local time
6:42 AM
[Mod.edit: This post a following few moved to form a new thread (MG)]

I'm not a big fan of mac-salad... sorry K-Girl. I do like a good slaw. Repeat, "GOOD" slaw.

CD
I've had 1 good slaw ever. It was a lemon poppyseed vinaigrette slaw. I had enough bad slaw experiences to not trust when people told me they were good, and all of them were white creamy slaws. Blech.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had 1 good slaw ever. It was a lemon poppyseed vinaigrette slaw. I had enough bad slaw experiences to not trust when people told me they were good, and all of them were white creamy slaws. Blech.

My homemade slaws don't generally use mayo. They tend to be more tangy than creamy. I like them with fatty BBQ, because they cut through that fat. That's why slaws are served on Carolina Whole Hog pulled pork sandwiches. The slaw balances the fat from all of that pig.

CD

My homemade slaws don't generally use mayo. They tend to be more tangy than creamy. I like them with fatty BBQ, because they cut through that fat. That's why slaws are served on Carolina Whole Hog pulled pork sandwiches. The slaw balances the fat from all of that pig.

CD
I dont really care for cabbage to begin with. I won't eat slaw on a meat sandwich, thats just gross. Maybe I'd like your slaw...on the side. Two bites and I'm done, because I don't like cabbage very much.

I posted a recipe for Asian style Coleslaw some while ago:

Asian style Coleslaw

However, I´m quite capable of making a different coleslaw every time.
Try it with Brussels sprouts, white cabbage and red cabbage. Use yoghurt instead of mayonnaise.
Try using bok choy, pak choy and napa cabbage, with rice wine vinegar, a bit of sugar, sesame or peanut oil.
A girlfriend at university used to make coleslaw with a tin of sweetcorn in it - including the liquid. Works for me!!

Back
Top Bottom