Recipe Three-Cheese Grilled Cheese Sandwich

caseydog

Local time
6:43 PM
This is a three cheese grilled cheese sandwich that is a copycat of a creation of Murray's Meats in NYC.

I don't have a recipe, here are the ingredients. The rest you can figure out -- it's a grilled cheese sandwich.

Your favorite white bread (I used Pepperage Farms Hearty White)
Sharp cheddar
Red Wax Gouda
Fontina
Butter (warm to room temperature to keep from tearing bread)

Shred your cheese with grater or food processor. Butter one side of two pieces of bread. Put a generous pile of the mixed cheeses on the dry side of bread, then top it with the other piece of bread, dry side down.

Use a griddle or large skillet (I used a cast iron skillet). USE LOW HEAT so the cheese melts before the bread burns. Flip when bottom side looks golden brown.

That's it!

BTW, grilled cheese sandwiches don't photograph well. They are not pretty, but they taste good.

GrilledCheese.jpg

CD

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a three cheese grilled cheese sandwich that is a copycat of a creation of Murray's Meats in NYC.

I don't have a recipe, here are the ingredients. The rest you can figure out -- it's a grilled cheese sandwich.

Your favorite white bread (I used Pepperage Farms Hearty White)
Sharp cheddar
Red Wax Gouda
Fontina
Butter (warm to room temperature to keep from tearing bread)

Shred your cheese with grater or food processor. Butter one side of two pieces of bread. Put a generous pile of the mixed cheeses on the dry side of bread, then top it with the other piece of bread, dry side down.

Use a griddle or large skillet (I used a cast iron skillet). USE LOW HEAT so the cheese melts before the bread burns. Flip when bottom side looks golden brown.

That's it!

BTW, grilled cheese sandwiches don't photograph well. They are not pretty, but they taste good.

View attachment 40609

CD

We call that a toasted sammich here. Btw I add chow chow to mine, great with cheese. :)

Russ

Now you have put out a challenge! And I'll bet Yorky could make a good stab at photographing one. He does well with burgers and they are also difficult to photograph. I'll have a go too...

Now you have put out a challenge! And I'll bet Yorky could make a good stab at photographing one. He does well with burgers and they are also difficult to photograph. I'll have a go too...

I'm sure I could do a great photo of a grilled cheese sandwich, if I have a food stylist, I'm getting paid to do it, and I don't plan to eat it.

As I have said before, the last thing I want to do on my days off is spend hours preparing and taking a picture of my food. Cooking is what I do to get away from my job, which is photography. I just want to cook good food, snap a picture for my cooking forums, and EAT.

CD

As I have said before, the last thing I want to do on my days off is spend hours preparing and taking a picture of my food. Cooking is what I do to get away from my job, which is photography. I just want to cook good food, snap a picture for my cooking forums, and EAT.

CD

Quite right too!

Back
Top Bottom