detroitdad

Legendary Member
Local time
4:26 AM
I love mustard. I usually have anywhere from 3-6 different kinds of mustard in my fridge. Laying in bed this morning I was thinking of some possible cool ways to use this special ingredient (I love these challenges because it makes me think outside the box ala my Michigan cookingbites brethren @The Late Night Gourmet

I thought, lets try mixing a few of them and cooking it on the salmon.

Measurements are approximate

1/4 cup of yellow mustard
1/4 cup of stone ground mustard (probably more)
2 tablespoons of ground mustard
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
pinch of cayenne
a pinch of black pepper

I very lightly buttered the top of the salmon. I mixed all of the ingredients above and applied it to the top of the salmon. I then lightly sprinkled seasoned panko breadcrumbs over the top of the mustard.

I wasn't sure how this was going to turn out so I only did half of the salmon. My wife said that was a mistake because it was delicious and I should have covered the entire salmon in the mustard coating.

I cooked it at 375 for about 20 minutes.

I'll add pictures in a second. I almost forgot to take any. It smelled so good and we were excited to get into it. Sorry for chopping it up before photographing it lol.

I served it with lemon slices and a cilantro mayo.

20190630_173934.jpg
20190630_174044.jpg

I love mustard. I usually have anywhere from 3-6 different kinds of mustard in my fridge. Laying in bed this morning I was thinking of some possible cool ways to use this special ingredient (I love these challenges because it makes me think outside the box ala my Michigan cookingbites brethren @The Late Night Gourmet

I thought, lets try mixing a few of them and cooking it on the salmon.

Measurements are approximate

1/4 cup of yellow mustard
1/4 cup of stone ground mustard (probably more)
2 tablespoons of ground mustard
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
pinch of cayenne
a pinch of black pepper

I very lightly buttered the top of the salmon. I mixed all of the ingredients above and applied it to the top of the salmon. I then lightly sprinkled seasoned panko breadcrumbs over the top of the mustard.

I wasn't sure how this was going to turn out so I only did half of the salmon. My wife said that was a mistake because it was delicious and I should have covered the entire salmon in the mustard coating.

I cooked it at 375 for about 20 minutes.

I'll add pictures in a second. I almost forgot to take any. It smelled so good and we were excited to get into it. Sorry for chopping it up before photographing it lol.

I served it with lemon slices and a cilantro mayo.

View attachment 29133 View attachment 29134

I think your wife was right about covering the whole fish with the mustard sauce. Even so, @detroitdad these look awesome.

Guys
If you can get together do so.
It is such fun to actually put a face to someone you only communicate with via a forum.
I belong to a gardening forum (not as good as this one)
One of the members lives in Houston, TX. She is originally from NOLA. Her Mother still lives in NOLA. A couple of years ago she stopped in Lafayette on her way to visit her Mother . We met for lunch. Lunch extended to dinner
We visited for 6 hours and never ran out of things to talk about. Of course we talked about gardening. We also talked about food and cooking, family, life experiences. Anything and everything except politics and religion.
If - no - WHEN you get together plan on an extended visit
When people with shared passions get together the mouth runneth over

Back
Top Bottom