Thyme to say Hello!

ThymeWithFriends

Local time
7:46 AM
Website
www.thymewithfriends.org
IMG_1424.jpeg
Cheers, everyone! I'm new, and I'm from Dallas, Texas. I LOVE cooking, wanted to expand my on-line social circle, and this group sounds lovely. I authored a cookbook a few years ago with the help of some friends who also love to cook and the proceeds benefit the North Texas Food Bank. I enjoy challenging recipes and easy ones, too, and fancy myself a cooking coach for beginners. I used to love to entertain and have large dinner parties before...you know... but, we will be gathering again very soon I hope! Hope you all have a magical New Year and may your 2021 be filled with great cooking and lots of (safe) Thyme with Friends!! I'm ready! Where are you from and what's the best thing you like about this group?

Welcome to the forums. Here you will find some very nice people from different walks of life. I am from Sri Lanka, a small island nation you may haven't heard of, and almost a month here and haven't posted a single recipe. Hoping 2021 will be better.

View attachment 53813 Cheers, everyone! I'm new, and I'm from Dallas, Texas. I LOVE cooking, wanted to expand my on-line social circle, and this group sounds lovely. I authored a cookbook a few years ago with the help of some friends who also love to cook and the proceeds benefit the North Texas Food Bank. I enjoy challenging recipes and easy ones, too, and fancy myself a cooking coach for beginners. I used to love to entertain and have large dinner parties before...you know... but, we will be gathering again very soon I hope! Hope you all have a magical New Year and may your 2021 be filled with great cooking and lots of (safe) Thyme with Friends!! I'm ready! Where are you from and what's the best thing you like about this group?

ThymeWithFriends

You sound like you'll fit in just fine with the members of this website. :welcome:

Hi, welcome, from south-central Ohio. I like the international make-up of the forum, and I like that a member can be as involved or less-involved as they like here - no pressure.

Welcome to the forums. Here you will find some very nice people from different walks of life. I am from Sri Lanka, a small island nation you may haven't heard of, and almost a month here and haven't posted a single recipe. Hoping 2021 will be better.
I certainly have heard of Sri Lanka! One of my best friends is from there and I have a couple of recipes in my cookbook from him. Thanks for your response and enjoy the wonderful food there!

I certainly have heard of Sri Lanka! One of my best friends is from there and I have a couple of recipes in my cookbook from him. Thanks for your response and enjoy the wonderful food there!
I too will post some recipes for sure but I'm stuck with a website these days. As soon as I finalize it... hopefully. Nice to hear that you've heard about my country.

ThymeWithFriends
A late but warm welcome. What do I love most about this community? It is real, it is international. The conversations are smart and diverse, the challenges are fun and challenging! I hope you stick around and with your background I sincerely hope you participate.

Well, it's about thyme I showed up to say hi and give you a big warm welcome!

I have tons of family in Texas. My cousins and aunts live in the Beaumont/Port Arthur area (I know, it's basically Louisiana), my sister and her son live in Austin (as does one of my stepdaughters), and my cousin's son lives in Flower Mound with his wife and four young children. Oh, and the younger of my two brothers and his wife live in Houston.

I think one of our forum members, caseydog, lives either in Dallas or somewhat close to Dallas?

Back
Top Bottom