TIL there's 3 types of scrambled eggs

I didn't know there were three types. I always just assumed there was only one way to make them unless you were nuking them in the microwave. I'm definitely going to try the French version of scrambled eggs next. it looks like I'll have less trouble with that rather than the American version.

The French style looks disgusting ha ha. Also with American eggs they cook them much more, they're dry on the outside and very moist inside but they do cook them in the way shown.

Also they cook them the same as the British but with milk added....which makes them taste completely different, much milder....which I definitely don't like too much ha ha.

I'm English, so I have always done it the English way. The French way doesn't look appealing and would not choose them now in France and opt for an omelet which is safer. Everyone does their scrambled eggs slightly differently, with milk, less milk or more butter (buttery ones are good) and slightly runny and chunky.

I do them sort of wet, I don't like them dried out and I would never add milk, that just ruins the flavor. I don't scramble eggs much though because I like runny yolks from fried eggs better.

I'm updating to say that the french way was extremely tasty. It also was much easier for me to cook than the American way was and I ended up with less mess than usual with stove-top eggs somehow. In the future, I'll try to be more brave and add things to it while the egg is scrambling to test the French method further.

I knew there were multiple types but I never knew there were names for all of them. I think it's missing the flat type of eggs that you don't move around in the pan though. Also I think the french style looks very unappealing but that's just me. I now know that usually I go for the American style but I still prefer it flat, and I think it's worth noting that McDonald's makes great eggs at breakfast.

I knew there were multiple types but I never knew there were names for all of them. I think it's missing the flat type of eggs that you don't move around in the pan though. Also I think the french style looks very unappealing but that's just me. I now know that usually I go for the American style but I still prefer it flat, and I think it's worth noting that McDonald's makes great eggs at breakfast.

Do you mean fried eggs? Or perhaps poached eggs where they're done in boiling water in a pan?

I guess I sort of do them the English way, but over a higher heat and with oil not butter.

Me too, high heat all the way with oil or butter and basically constantly pushing them around ha ha.

Do you mean fried eggs? Or perhaps poached eggs where they're done in boiling water in a pan?

Yeah, fried, I think. I don't know what the right term would be but basically I mean that you don't scramble the eggs further and thus just leaving it as kind of a flat circular scrambled egg. I like it that way sometimes because I like having some browned areas on both sides when I'm in that type of mood.

Just watched the video. It was interesting. I know some people add cream, butter or milk and season to varying degrees, but I hadn't realised there is such a difference in the technique. The French way does not look appealing.

Back
Top Bottom