Recipe Toast with mushroom

valedevento

Veteran
Local time
11:36 AM
So, as some of you already know, I don't really like mushrooms :) But in my home country of Belgium, lots of recipes are made with mushrooms and thanks to my mushroom loving husband, I have some ideas to share with you. There is the first one, simple toast with mushrooms in a creamy sauce.

Ingredients:
- 4 thick slices of your choise of bread.
- 1 shallot
- 1 clove of garlic
- butter
- cream
- 600 grams of parisian mushrooms, or any other variety you like

method:

Put some butter on the slices of bread and toast them in the oven or toaster. Cut the mushrooms in big pieces and cut the shallot and garlic. Fry the shallot, garlic and mushrooms in a pan until they have a nice, brown colour. Add a little bit of cream according to your taste. Season with pepper and salt. Put the toast on a plate and add a big spoonful of the mushroom mixture.

Delicious! Sometimes simple is best. Garlic, mushrooms and a touch of cream are a happy trio. And thank you for setting an example; you don't have to actually like the ingredient in order to join in the competition! :D

I have never had this before but I know my mom loved mushrooms on toast. She ate it quite often and really enjoyed it. I just never tried it. I never thought of it since she passed away but then brings back memories. I will have to try it some time. I am sure it will bring great comfort.

Delicious! Sometimes simple is best. Garlic, mushrooms and a touch of cream are a happy trio. And thank you for setting an example; you don't have to actually like the ingredient in order to join in the competition! :D

I agree you don't have to like something to share it or even prepare the dish. I do if from time to time and that's why I am even going to try to find some stuff this weekend. Mushrooms and parsnips the latter probably being the harder of the two to find.

I have never had this before but I know my mom loved mushrooms on toast. She ate it quite often and really enjoyed it. I just never tried it. I never thought of it since she passed away but then brings back memories. I will have to try it some time. I am sure it will bring great comfort.

That's lovely. :hug:

I agree you don't have to like something to share it or even prepare the dish. I do if from time to time and that's why I am even going to try to find some stuff this weekend. Mushrooms and parsnips the latter probably being the harder of the two to find.
Good luck with mushroom hunting!

I do love parsnips, had them yesterday roasted in the oven, delicious! We bought them at a local organic shop, but plan to grow them ourselves :)

This seems like an easy, quick to make and delicious recipe. I will try this as my son loves mushrooms. It would be a nice change than the routine breakfasts we make.

Back
Top Bottom