Review Toasted Sandwich Maker

Yorky

RIP 21/01/2024
Local time
10:01 PM
Sharp KZS 70 W Toaster Sandwich Maker

Bought this on impulse about 2 years ago and probably used it 4 times.

Not a lot to say about a toasted sandwich maker really. Unfortunately the 120mm x 100mm Teflon coated “trays” are not removable for cleaning and are just adequate for small loaf slices.

It works.

It came with a fitted lead and a plug that’s banned in Thailand. Cost was Bht 650.00 (about US$ 18.00) from Big ‘C’.

Why don't you use it? Why are the plugs banned (3 pin?)?

Hang on till tomorrow please - I'll take pictures of the various plugs.

I do use it but not very often. Sometimes I don't have ham, sometimes I don't have cheese. Generally I forget about it.

Why are the plugs banned (3 pin?)?

We have all three pin sockets suitable for the "legal" plug at the top left. The plug to the bottom left is the one that is banned here as it only earths when fitted to a European style socket (and European style sockets do not accept our three pin plugs). The plug on the right is the only one available to us here if we wish to change the European plug to one that is acceptable and safe.

plugs s.jpg

Last edited:
We have all three pin sockets suitable for the "legal" plug at the top left. The plug to the bottom left is the one that is banned here as it only earths when fitted to a European style socket (and European style sockets do not accept our three pin plugs). The plug on the right is the only one available to us here if we wish to change the European plug to one that is acceptable and safe.

View attachment 4397

This is the European type socket (I understand):

Shucko_Socket_Outlet.jpg

All of our appliances have the one on the right. :wink:

ac 2-prong adapter..jpg

In most older apts, such as the one that I lived in before, the outlets were all 2-prong, so I had to use THESE to be able to use 3-prong appliances. That meant that the building was not up to today's electrical standards. :headshake:

View attachment 4398

In most older apts, such as the one that I lived in before, the outlets were all 2-prong, so I had to use THESE to be able to use 3-prong appliances. That meant that the building was not up to today's electrical standards. :headshake:
If need be, you can still buy those.
I have 2 six ways in my kitchen. Both are newer. One has the ground plug hole and the other one just has the two blade holes. Odd idea. The waffle iron, microwave, kitchenaid and the electric grill all have the ground plugs. The rest of the small appliances don't. I figured the toaster oven and the toaster would have them too but they didn't.

If need be, you can still buy those.
I have 2 six ways in my kitchen. Both are newer. One has the ground plug hole and the other one just has the two blade holes. Odd idea. The waffle iron, microwave, kitchenaid and the electric grill all have the ground plugs. The rest of the small appliances don't. I figured the toaster oven and the toaster would have them too but they didn't.

Yeah, they ARE still available in hardware stores such as Home Depot & Lowe's.:wink:

They seem harder to get to!
Also, I think I've seen them in CVS, Walmart, Target & Sears stores.

This is the European socket as I understand it:

Shucko_Socket_Outlet.jpg

And this is our 3 pin socket.

3 pin socket.jpg

Whilst we have the inconvenience and cost of cutting off the "illegal" plug and replacing it with a "legal" plug it also could invalidate the warranty on the appliance. A dilemma for at least the one or two years.

These were "cooked" some time ago (cheese and onion).

cheese onion toasties.jpg

Back
Top Bottom