Today's Bread (2019-2022)

Do you make your own bread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday's 'pain nature' (posted above somewhere) was the best bread that I've made this year. A tight, tasty crust and a light, slightly moist crumb - a sheer delight to eat.

Here's this evening's focaccia ..

I ordered Paul Hollywood's 'how to bake' book because I am interested in baking bread. When I was a chef I cooked mainly in the garde manger (cold section) and have never done much with baking or pastry. But having my own bread would be lovely. When I have it, I shall post the results of my trials and errors.

I ordered Paul Hollywood's 'how to bake' book because I am interested in baking bread. When I was a chef I cooked mainly in the garde manger (cold section) and have never done much with baking or pastry. But having my own bread would be lovely. When I have it, I shall post the results of my trials and errors.

Can’t wait to see your bread!

Its a good book. I use the croissant recipe from that book which always works:

Butter Croissants

Flowers are still all over my rosemary bush (great news for the bees, if not for me) so no rosemary again on today's focaccia .. but I did put some shavings of Ossau Iraty on the surface, and that takes it to another level

Flowers are still all over my rosemary bush (great news for the bees, if not for me) so no rosemary again on today's focaccia

Not sure why you aren't picking the rosemary when in flower. Its fine to eat rosemary all year round - you can even eat the flowers, which look very pretty in a salad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom