Today's Bread (2019-2022)

Do you make your own bread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never baked bread before and have only recently made my first attempt which I found very successful.

My first attempt was for the CookingBites Turmeric Recipe Challenge and is an unusual Bread which I called Robagusti Bread.

RobagustiBread1.jpg

RobagustiBreadServing.jpg

The Bread is intended to be a side to compliment various Entrees.

RobagustiBreakfast.jpg

AlbacoreRobagustiFishCake.jpg

For a first attempt at baking a Bread, I'm rather pleased with, if not proud of, this accomplishment.

BTW: I've never cooked with Turmeric before, either.

That would have looked a little better with an egg wash, but I couldn't be bothered. Dough contains fresh chopped rosemary and chopped green and black olives. Very tasty.

That's also 100% whole wheat, though it's white whole wheat, so it's not nearly as bitter as regular whole wheat.

How could I missed this?! It’s great, love it
I might give it a try - it would be my first attempt. Did you post the recipe?

[Mod.Edit: added a poll to find out how many members make bread (MG)]

I couldn't find a similar topic, so I'm making this one, just as a catch-all for whatever bread you're currently making.

Here's my bread today, a buttermilk-molasses loaf. Can't wait to try a slice.

That looks great! How’d the molasses turn out in it?

That looks great! How’d the molasses turn out in it?
It was excellent. When I have the time, that's my preferred sandwich bread.

I've used molasses, honey, sorghum, different granulated sugars, and they all work well in this bread.

Reactions: mjd
It was excellent. When I have the time, that's my preferred sandwich bread.

I've used molasses, honey, sorghum, different granulated sugars, and they all work well in this bread.

I'm very jealous of your bread making skills. My wife won't let me buy a bread maker. I just love the smell of bread baking!!

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom