Today's Bread (2019-2022)

Do you make your own bread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Russian potato bread: a very nice texture for slicing - though the crust is quite dark its not hard and crusty. It also has a lovely subtle caraway taste. I think I'll be making it again :)
8GCWCEV.jpg

Ok, here's today's first loaf, a 3.5lb monster of wheat sandwich bread (about 30% whole wheat flour):

As you can see, it's substantial. It looks great and tastes even better. I'm going to have to freeze 2/3rds of it. I'd say I've got my giant clay baker sussed, that's for sure.

Second loaf is in the oven.

Hi all

Noob baker question: how do you all store your freshly baked bread, and how long does it last? The one I made above is almost half eaten and I had it in a large freezer bag, but today noticed that the underside is starting to get a bit moist.

Cheers

Hi all

Noob baker question: how do you all store your freshly baked bread, and how long does it last? The one I made above is almost half eaten and I had it in a large freezer bag, but today noticed that the underside is starting to get a bit moist.

Cheers

I store bread by putting it in a paper bag which is then wrapped in a plastic bag. It works - at least for me

Really fine bread, one of my best. I may used to much yeast and forgot a little bit of salt. The crust is the best on this bread and I could taste the chicken broth I used, instead of throwing it away.
img_20210120_0743568340892867784489866.jpg

I store my bread upside down, where I made the cut. Bread in plastic isn't a good idea, to store a yeast risen bread in general is not a good idea. Sourdough is way better to store.
And stay healthy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom