Today's Bread (2019-2022)

Do you make your own bread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all

Noob baker question: how do you all store your freshly baked bread, and how long does it last? The one I made above is almost half eaten and I had it in a large freezer bag, but today noticed that the underside is starting to get a bit moist.

Cheers
I store it in a bread box. Here's a post about it:

How do you store your fresh baked goods?

You used chicken broth in bread?
Yeah, because I didn't knew what else I could do with the broth.
Here is the bread. The crust is very crunchy and not that hard, still not perfect. Stay healthy
img_20210122_0645544606204561077674277.jpg

img_20210122_0651334180524792209938584.jpg

So I made a loaf of bread a few days ago, the top fell and it didn't look pretty so I didn't take a photo, but it was soft, fluffy, and flavorful with a nice crust. We've been eating on it for a few days, yummy. Oh, and it's squirrel approved. I threw out a slice along with some peanuts to a hungry squirrel who was hanging out on the deck. He bypassed the peanuts and chose the bread, so I guess it must be really good!

The crust is not satisfying and the form is not practical, but the inner area is very good. I can't eat it without butterView attachment 56690
View attachment 56691

It looks like you forgot to punch down the dough after a first rise and do a second rise. That would have got rid of the big air bubbles.

My understanding is, to punch down, just form a fist and gently press down the middle of the Dough after a first rise of about 1/2 hour. Then, split and form the Dough into loaves and do the 2nd rise for about 45 minutes to an hour, usually until the Dough doubles in size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom