Today's Bread (2019-2022)

Do you make your own bread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
how you are going to eat that bread?

I gave half to my neighbours. I ate some of the bread when it was still warm with butter on it. Then I ate some with a lentil soup, then I ate more of it with some excellent local cheese (I'll try and post a photo of that cheese soon).

I shall have some for breakfast tomorrow with strawberry jam .. and then for lunch (if there's any left) with saucisson sec, tomatoes and olives.

Bread with miso:

Two days old now and the 'Census Day Bread' has developed a really strong flavour. An attractive breakfast bread with a light smear of orange marmalade. I think the sarrasin may be masking - and so complicating - the spelt taste, so I'll drop the sarrasin for the next iteration of this bread .. tomorrow or Wednesday .. and I'll make a simpler 50/50 loaf (which was my original intention anyway).

I made another 'cheesy' focaccia last night ..

Congrats, looks very good . Did you like more this version without any buckwheat flour or the other one that involves it?

Thank you. I'm pleased with it.

The absence of sarrasin was immediately noticeable - the crust doesn't have such a strong taste. When the bread has properly cooled and the other flavours have come through, I'll decide if I prefer one version or the other. Maybe I won't have a preference - and I'll continue to make both (depending on whether it's an odd or an even numbered day of the week). I'll also wait for a 'taste report' from Bread Testing HQ (my neighbours).

Thank you. I'm pleased with it.

The absence of sarrasin was immediately noticeable - the crust doesn't have such a strong taste. When the bread has properly cooled and the other flavours have come through, I'll decide if I prefer one version or the other. Maybe I won't have a preference - and I'll continue to make both (depending on whether it's an odd or an even numbered day of the week). I'll also wait for a 'taste report' from Bread Testing HQ (my neighbours).

Right, better to wait when all flavours have come through and then enjoy it.
I always have in my mind to make bread again, but then I don’t make it.
I really should start again and use those flours that live in my cupboard.. I hope only them.

Recently I bought a pea flour, the instructions are not very useful, but I’ve read somewhere that it is also used to make a sort of vegan cheese.
I’ll keep to investigate

Yeterday's Census Day Bread got a big 'thumbs up' from the neighbours so I won't be using sarrasin in any future variants of this bread.

Three more trials of this to come .. 1. 60/40 spelt to strong white mix, 2. using an Italian semi-wholewheat spelt flour as an alternative, 3. replacing the spelt flour with einkorn (3 kilos of farine de petit épeautre will be delivered to me next Tuesday, I'm told).

Here's today's focaccia, sans fromage:

Yeterday's Census Day Bread got a big 'thumbs up' from the neighbours so I won't be using sarrasin in any future variants of this bread.

Three more trials of this to come .. 1. 60/40 spelt to strong white mix, 2. using an Italian semi-wholewheat spelt flour as an alternative, 3. replacing the spelt flour with einkorn (3 kilos of farine de petit épeautre will be delivered to me next Tuesday, I'm told).

Here's today's focaccia, sans fromage:

View attachment 36954

By now this thread is a sort of appointment with your bread/focaccia!
Another one that looks delicious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom