Today's Bread

Do you make your own bread?

• Total voters

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
3:45 PM
Thank you! They’ve got cocoa, instant coffee powder, molasses, and honey in there for flavor.

I'm fascinated by the cocoa and instant coffee in there. I normally use black treacle (similar to molasses). How much cocoa/coffee is added to ratio of flour?

TastyReuben

Nosh 'n' Splosh
Staff member
Local time
10:45 AM
I'm fascinated by the cocoa and instant coffee in there. I normally use black treacle (similar to molasses). How much cocoa/coffee is added to ratio of flour?
It’s a total of 3-3/4 cups of flour (mix of bread and whole wheat flours), 1 TB of cocoa powder, and 1 tsp of instant coffee powder.

Herbaceous

Local time
10:45 AM
My husband has suddenly taken an interest in learning how to bake bread. First he got the stand mixer, then he tried experimenting with my sourdough starter. Next thing I know he’s bought himself a double Dutch oven and a proofing basket and a special container for mixing. He’s had a few missteps, but tonight, he turned out this.

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
3:45 PM
My husband has suddenly taken an interest in learning how to bake bread. First he got the stand mixer, then he tried experimenting with my sourdough starter. Next thing I know he’s bought himself a double Dutch oven and a proofing basket and a special container for mixing. He’s had a few missteps, but tonight, he turned out this. View attachment 92501 View attachment 92502

It looks fantastic - tell him from me!

Top Bottom