Today's Bread (2019-2022)

Do you make your own bread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hadn't made bread in awhile, so my standby buttermilk-sorghum sandwich loaf:

I realise that I can actually post something here for a change.

I made Recipe - Mana'eesh (Palestinian Flatbread) that I've not made for a while, to go with the stew I made for last week. I made a double recipe, freezing half and defrosting them for an hour on the baking sheet before cooking them for 9 minutes at 180°C. It worked really well.

They get (liberally) drizzled with olive oil veggie and after cooking which makes them really nice, but not something to have too often when dieting!

I finally got rye flour, after checking all over, including places I don’t normally go:

View attachment 83942

Not quite as tall as I wanted, but the pan was a little large for the dough - otherwise, a nice soft rye loaf.
I ended up finding rye flour at the farmer's market near Hartville (about 20 miles east of Akron) awhile back. They sell all kinds of bulk flours, seeds, etc. there.

I ended up finding rye flour at the farmer's market near Hartville (about 20 miles east of Akron) awhile back. They sell all kinds of bulk flours, seeds, etc. there.
That’s a good idea. We’re due an Amish market run here soon, so I should check that. They sell all kinds of dry bulk stuff.

I ended up getting Bob’s Red Mill, but that stuff is something like $8 for a pound or so of flour I’ve made one small loaf, and a quarter of that flour is already gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom