Today's Bread (2019-2022)

Do you make your own bread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you! They’ve got cocoa, instant coffee powder, molasses, and honey in there for flavor.

I'm fascinated by the cocoa and instant coffee in there. I normally use black treacle (similar to molasses). How much cocoa/coffee is added to ratio of flour?

I'm fascinated by the cocoa and instant coffee in there. I normally use black treacle (similar to molasses). How much cocoa/coffee is added to ratio of flour?
It’s a total of 3-3/4 cups of flour (mix of bread and whole wheat flours), 1 TB of cocoa powder, and 1 tsp of instant coffee powder.

My husband has suddenly taken an interest in learning how to bake bread. First he got the stand mixer, then he tried experimenting with my sourdough starter. Next thing I know he’s bought himself a double Dutch oven and a proofing basket and a special container for mixing. He’s had a few missteps, but tonight, he turned out this.

My husband has suddenly taken an interest in learning how to bake bread. First he got the stand mixer, then he tried experimenting with my sourdough starter. Next thing I know he’s bought himself a double Dutch oven and a proofing basket and a special container for mixing. He’s had a few missteps, but tonight, he turned out this.View attachment 92501View attachment 92502

It looks fantastic - tell him from me!

^^Looking good!

Husband tried his hand at focaccia today - came out really lovely. He topped it with caramelized onions, black olives, and some cheddar cheese, and served it with dinner.

He’s really getting into the bread-baking thing. I hope he keeps it up once I’m back on my feet, I’m enjoying eating the results!

^^Looking good!

Husband tried his hand at focaccia today - came out really lovely. He topped it with caramelized onions, black olives, and some cheddar cheese, and served it with dinner.

He’s really getting into the bread-baking thing. I hope he keeps it up once I’m back on my feet, I’m enjoying eating the results!
Thanks!

I think focaccia might be my favorite bread, if I had to pick one. I love the light, airy texture and the oiliness of it.

Wow I have seen some really great breads here :-D nice! Thought I would share my latest effort here, from last Sunday.

baguettes-kirkwood.jpg

These are baguettes I based off a recipe from John Kirkwood. I also like to make some ciabatta-like bread from basically the same recipe, only the ciabatta's take much less effort to shape.

Next I think I will try to create a sourdough starter, based on the one from SNSSO.

Wow I have seen some really great breads here :-D nice! Thought I would share my latest effort here, from last Sunday.

View attachment 93333

These are baguettes I based off a recipe from John Kirkwood. I also like to make some ciabatta-like bread from basically the same recipe, only the ciabatta's take much less effort to shape.

Next I think I will try to create a sourdough starter, based on the one from SNSSO.

They look great! I like the choice of filling too.

View attachment 93333

Those look delicious!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom