Tomato Salad

Shellyann36

Veteran
Local time
4:39 PM
I love tomatoes and I like to try lots of different varieties. I have been looking through my Baker Creek Heirloom Seed catalog and there are so many different tomatoes and I would love to be able to afford to buy large packets of each kind.

My big love with tomatoes are the pear shaped, the grape and the cherry tomatoes. This catalog is loaded with these tomatoes in so many different colors and flavors. I would love to grow each of these beauties and just create a wonderful colorful salad of just these tomatoes in pear, grape and cherry sizes in all of the available colors and a hint of fresh basil chopped up in them. It would be a beautiful display of colors and it would taste wonderful!

Are you a fan of the small yet tasteful tomatoes?

Yes, and as a matter of fact one of our local grocery stores started carrying "Baby San Marzano" tomatoes, which I am absolutely in love with. They have a very deep crimson red color, have practically no seeds or excess juices, and are super sweet and concentrated in flavor. They small but elongated with that distinctive San Marzano shape.

I also enjoy mixing the yellow small tomatoes with the red ones for a pop of colors. Looks great in salads and makes them more festive. Plus I believe the yellow ones aren't quite as acidic.

I love tomatoes but unfortunately, they don't love me. If I eat too many I break out into hives. Still, I eat them but not as often as I like. My favorites are cherry tomatoes because I can eat more before the hives break out...lol

I really love the small yet tasteful tomatoes. Every morning it is part of my juice recipe without the seeds for breakfast and I used it often aside from salad in some recipes that needs the use of tomatoes. Aside that it is rich in phytochemicals that is good for our body it is also useful for a platter decoration when having a table setting and I always use tomatoes for this one.

Back
Top Bottom