Tomato Sauce - the savior ingredient

Corzhens

Veteran
Local time
6:49 AM
We call it the savior ingredient because you can cook elegant dishes with tomato sauce and in a quick cooking time which is needed when there are unexpected house guests particularly those coming from distant places. Being courteous is to offer them a meal. With chicken or pork or even beef, there are plenty of dishes that can be whipped and served within an hour. Even spaghetti can be cooked as a rushed meal although it takes time for the preparation - slicing the ingredients. But a chicken dish is so easy and quick to prepare.

We always have a stock of tomato sauce in the cupboard for emergency use.

I am never without tomato sauce. I use it every day in my cooking. It goes into all of my gravies. Without the tomato sauce, it seems as though something is missing from the meal. It is very good for flavoring most meats and goes really well with all kinds of pasta.

I like tomato sauce, but I don't always have it. I do have spaghetti sauce on hand almost all the time though, and use that as needed. I have some large jars of spaghetti sauce now, but when those are gone, I think I will try make some home made sauce. I am sure I will need tomato sauce for that.

I always have canned tomatoes and tomato sauce on hand just in case. I don't use the tomato sauce too often but we do use canned tomatoes often. We usually make our own pasta sauce so I very rarely buy spaghetti sauce.

I am not a big lover of tomato sauces but I keep it around for my son especially. Recently I bought a few cans of tomato based products but I wouldn't call it my saviour. Sadly soy sauce is my saviour.

Last edited:
I am a huge fan of tomato sauce, whether homemade, in a jar or in a can. I'll buy a few different brands when they go on sale and stock up my pantry. Then when I want to make a pasta dish I've got it on hand. I always like to add my own spices like oregano, basil, garlic powder to the canned sauces. If I want to change the complexity of the tomato sauce I'll add some whipping cream and make it into a rose sauce. My husband and kids prefer homemade tomato sauce which I'll make every fall and freeze. Can't go wrong with spaghetti, my kids love it.

Back
Top Bottom