Tomato Tart

Rosyrain

Veteran
Local time
9:08 AM
I tried a cherry tomato tart for the first time recently and have to admit that I am now hooked on them. It was made with yellow and orange cherry tomatoes and had parmesean and smoked cheese on it. Seemed pretty healthy too for a snack. I am now searching around for a good recipe so I can make my own. Do any of you have one you could throw my way?

I tried a cherry tomato tart for the first time recently and have to admit that I am now hooked on them. It was made with yellow and orange cherry tomatoes and had parmesean and smoked cheese on it. Seemed pretty healthy too for a snack. I am now searching around for a good recipe so I can make my own. Do any of you have one you could throw my way?
I'm wondering what you mean by a tart. Is it a deep filled quiche type of thing or do you mean pastry with a topping, rather like this:
roasted-tomato-goat-thyme-24140.jpg

I've done tart tatans with plumb tomatoes and balsamic , serve with Parmesan and roquette,
The tomatoes caramlize

I've done tart tatans with plumb tomatoes and balsamic , serve with Parmesan and roquette,
The tomatoes caramlize
The key to making a good tomato tart (or quiche) is definitely to caramelise the tomatoes. Bake them in the oven at 180C for 15 mins drizzled with olive oil, then use as a topping for the tart.

The ingredients sound really good but I, too, am not sure what a tart is. I was thinking something with a puffed pastry crust and then the toppings or something similar to a quiche. I looked around online to see what I could find and there are many different variations of what this could be.

That does sound good! My roommate turned me ono the joys of tomato sandwiches this summer, and I got hooked on them. I think it would be the same with tarts. It sounds like something I would really go for. I love tomatoes and to think I hated them when I was a kid!

Well, I found one that looks promising. You make a regular pie crust and the top it with sliced cherry tomatoes, parmesean cheese, herbs, (and I think you could get a way with a little Gruyere too) and bake it in the oven until the tomatoes are roasted and the crust is done. I am going to give it a try and will let you all know how it turns out.

Well, I found one that looks promising. You make a regular pie crust and the top it with sliced cherry tomatoes, parmesean cheese, herbs, (and I think you could get a way with a little Gruyere too) and bake it in the oven until the tomatoes are roasted and the crust is done. I am going to give it a try and will let you all know how it turns out.
Once again I'm wondering...if you say 'pie-crust' in the UK, people will probably think you mean a shaped pastry shell. I think you mean a flat sheet of pastry?

Once again I'm wondering...if you say 'pie-crust' in the UK, people will probably think you mean a shaped pastry shell. I think you mean a flat sheet of pastry?
Pie crust in America means a flat pastry sheet that you make with butter, flour, water, and sugar and roll it out. It is not one of those flat pastries like what you would use to make a Cresent roll or something like that.

Back
Top Bottom