Trail mix

dandeliion

Veteran
Local time
6:46 AM
What's in your ideal trail mix?

I like mine loaded with different nuts (especially raw almonds and pecans), dried fruit and carob chips.

Ooh. This is fun. In a traditional trail mix, (oats, nuts, chocolate, raisins) I actually like granola chunks for the added sweetness, and small chocolate chips over M&M's.

But if I'm going with non-traditional, I like pumpkin seeds, those weird Asian sesame seed biscuit things, and pine nuts.

I definitely like eclectic textures in my trail mix. I go back and forth between being a handful trail mix eater, and a picker of individual pieces. :) What about you?

I love a wide array of nuts in my mix! I am a sucker for almonds and chocolate! Lately, I have been addicted to Daily Chef Mountain Trail Mix, sold at Sam's club. Have you tried this? It is yummy! I love traditional trail mix with nuts, raisins, and M&M's.
I also love to make my own trail mix. I love to mix granola with a hint of cinnamon with dried apples and almonds. I sometimes sprinkle this mix on top of oatmeal!
I also enjoy just eating the pieces in trail mix on their own. I like having a handful of almonds or just a handful of granola.
The fun thing about trail mix is all the varities to choose from. Even better, if you do not like the varities available, you can make your own!

I love trail mixes!! I love them with raisins, cashews, almonds and cranberries! I also love when there are chocolate chips or M&Ms in the mix.... very fat I know.. but tastes so good like that!!!

I have only recently started eating trail mixes. Sprout's Farmers Market has a really delicious raw trail mix. It has walnuts, raisins, peanuts, slices of coconut, and sliced figs. I love to add it to my morning yogurt.

I have only recently started eating trail mixes. Sprout's Farmers Market has a really delicious raw trail mix. It has walnuts, raisins, peanuts, slices of coconut, and sliced figs. I love to add it to my morning yogurt.
I really think I would enjoy that trail mix! I think slices of coconut would be an excellent addition to trial mix! It would add a nice sweet taste with the salty flavor of nuts. I definitely will have to try that!

My idea trail mix would have a lot of dates, peanuts, almonds, walnuts, dried goji berries and a few chocolate chip. I know that dark chocolate is better for you, but I don't like it! Milk chocolate chip woulds be my ideal type.

ohhhh we love trail mixes and often eat them as a cereal. I use lots of soaked nuts, raisins, sometimes chocolate pieces, bits of apple, maple syrup, sometimes coconut oil, some salt, maybe cinnamon and some ginger and maybe some other fresh fruit. I mix it all up or sometimes put it in the food processor to make it smaller chunked like then put it all in dehydrator! yum!

My trail mix has nuts (Almonds, walnuts, and maybe cashews and a pew peanuts) dried fruit (apples, pears, apricots, prunes,papaya and more) and seeds (pumpkin and sunflower). I like larger pieces of fruit than most store bought trail mixes so I tend to put it together myself. I don't put chocolate in as the dark stuff seems to melt and smarties or m&m's are too sweet for me. There is plenty enough sugar in the fruit anyhow.

Back
Top Bottom