1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup canola oil
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup fresh or drained canned corn

Directions

Preheat oven to 350F.
Melt 4 TBsp butter in a 9-inch cake pan in oven. Remove from oven and spread butter over pan bottom and sides. Sprinkle 1/2 cup sugar over entire surface. Spread berries in pan.

Whisk together all the dry ingredients except for the remaining sugar. Set aside.

Cream together remaining butter and sugar. Add the oil, bearing until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Stir in vanilla, sour cream, and corn.

Gradually add the dry ingredients, mixing until combined. Spread batter over berries in pan.

Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 45-50 minutes. Transfer pan to a rack and cool for 15 minutes. Loosen the edge with a knife, then place a serving platter over top of pan and flip, removing pan to serve.

Recipe courtesy of "Fabulous Food The Costco Way."

NOTE: I used unsalted butter, granulated sugar, AP flour, white cornmeal, and thawed frozen corn, with no issue.

The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Corn

Nice cross between cake and cornbread. Pretty easy to throw together, too. The corn is definitely noticeable, and in a good way.

MrsTasty gave this two thumbs and two big toes up. 👍🏻🦶

This looks double luscious. Its a great idea to use the berries with the cornbread. I find 'regular' cornbread a little one dimensional and the berries would add a refreshing citrus contrast.

This looks double luscious. Its a great idea to use the berries with the cornbread. I find 'regular' cornbread a little one dimensional and the berries would add a refreshing citrus contrast.
Thank you.

And I've decided that "Double Lucious" is my rap name:

<beatbox mouth noise>
My name is Double Lucious and I'm here to say
Making things double delucious is my game!
I put the berries on the cornbread, cornbread on the plate
You take one bite and say, "Damn, that's great!"
Delicious, Delucious, D Lush, Double Lucious!
<mic drop>

Very impressive. The recipe, not the rapping. I always like putting corn in cornbread: it keeps it moist, and I like corn, so more corn is always a good thing. I would not have guessed that this is a cornbread recipe: it looks like a dessert from a bakery. That’s pretty cool.

Very impressive. The recipe, not the rapping. I always like putting corn in cornbread: it keeps it moist, and I like corn, so more corn is always a good thing. I would not have guessed that this is a cornbread recipe: it looks like a dessert from a bakery. That’s pretty cool.
Thanks! What I really like about this is the texture the cornmeal gives. For whatever reason, it goes really well with the berries.

Back
Top Bottom