Recipe Tropical Fruit Salad ..

Francesca

Local time
7:49 PM
I just arrived home from the Barcelona, La Mercat Boqueria in the historic Bari Gotico neighborhood.

Without forgetting the incredible aromas of jasmin coming from the Fruit Stall, I had purchased several Dragon Fruit, which we call Pitahaya in magenta red violet with red interiors and Golden yellow with Golden yellow interiors .

*** The Photo Here: This is one of my favorite fruit stalls. Sincé I just arrived home, I have not yet, prepared the salad, however, it is going to be in process shortly.

francescamarketfruitsectiondragonab9a4f9e85431177935c525fa8cb59d3.jpg

Tropical Fruit Salad: For 2 - 4 ..
2 Pithayas ( 2 Dragonfruits )
1 Medium Size Ripe but Firm Mango
4 Fresh Lychees ( one can used jarred or canned if you prefer )
1/2 of a large Papaya
1 / 2 Fresh ripe but firm Pineapple
Evoo, Sea Salt or Himalyan Rose Salt and Freshly ground pepper
A Splash of Rasberry or Sherry Vinegar or Italian Modena Balsamic Vinegar & Spanish Green Evvo ( one can use a Bio Natural Sweet Napa Valley, California Evoo too. )
2 Firm but fresh Pears or Apples of choice or Peaches
2 Kiwis ( Scoop out interiors )
12 Ripe but Firm Strawberries slice finely or serve whole
And any other fruit that suits your fancy.
I add Ruby Grapefruit and some red grapes to mine ..
A few edible flowers placed on top
A bit of chive ribbons and a bit of spearmint or mint leaves ( minced finely & sprinkled through out)

1) Peel all the fruits.
2) Slice the Dragon fruit in thick rounds or scoop out of its Shell with an icecream scooper ..
3) Slice the Mango in fine but thick strips and the rest of the fruits preferably in longitude, the form of the slices.
4) Prepare Vinaigrette of choice .. Perhaps, some may wish to add honey to their salad dressing.
5) Mount the salad on a bed of Rucola, Radicchio and Oak Leaf Green and Violet Edged Lettuces or any lettuces of your choice ..
6) Sprinkle with salt and freshly ground pepper .. And drizzle the vinaigrette throughout the salad.
7) Note: Alternate the placing of the fruits for a variation in color ..
8) Prawns: Cocktail style prawns, are also extraordinary with this salad. Everytime I prepare it, I prepare it just a bit differently ..

Have a lovely day.
Fruit_Stall_in_Barcelona_Market.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What gorgeous photos and such a fantastic choice of fruit! You are lucky indeed.

Thank you very much. Yes, the next time you are in Barcelona, do go over to the La Mercat de Boqueria in Bari Goti and enjoy ! There are amazing stalls and kiosks of fruit, veggies, fish, meats etcetra. and the best part are The Tapas Bars and the Cafés ..

The best Tapas Bar is called Pintxo ( means a Tapa or Appetiser on a Stick or Tooth Pick and have the Cod Croquettes .. I met the Adria Brothers chowing down on Cod Croquettes there several years ago. Chef Albert´s Bars, are on our Tour Guide Itinerary ! )

It is one of the best Iberian Markets .. Valencia also has an incredible Main Central Market as well as Madrid, Saint Miguel ..

Yes, the Mediterranean Coast is a fruit and the veggie garden ! Gerona also is quite ample in its freshly grown produce ..

Have a lovely day.

Last edited:
Thank you very much. Yes, the next time you are in Barcelona, do go over to the La Mercat de Boqueria in Bari Goti and enjoy ! There are amazing stalls and kiosks of fruit, veggies, fish, meats etcetra. and the best part are The Tapas Bars and the Cafés ..

The best Tapas Bar is called Pintxo ( means a Tapa or Appetiser on a Stick or Tooth Pick and have the Cod Croquettes .. I met the Adria Brothers chowing down on Cod Croquettes there several years ago. Chef Albert´s Bars, are on our Tour Guide Itinerary ! )

It is one of the best Iberian Markets .. Valencia also has an incredible Main Central Market as well as Madrid, Saint Miguel ..

Yes, the Mediterranean Coast is a fruit and the veggie garden ! Gerona also is quite ample in its freshly grown produce ..

Have a lovely day.

I think it unlikely I will ever go to Barcelona. I hate flying and simply do not do it. But my daughter has visited Barcelona a few times.

Back
Top Bottom