Recipe Tumeric Tea

aquaticneko

Veteran
Local time
6:05 PM
Tumeric is something that I have always had in the mix of local curry powder I can buy around my area. However, it has always been foreign to me. I didn't even know what it LOOKED like until very recently when I saw it at my local asian supermarket. Now that I have learnt how good it is for you I have realised how easy one can incorporate this in your diet daily. Here's one simple way I get my tumeric kick.

Recipe courtesy of Wellness Mama: http://wellnessmama.com/223/turmeric-tea-recipe/

Soothing-and-Immune-Boosting-Turmeric-Tea-Recipe-Golden-Milk-Recipe-300x300.jpg

Ingredients
  • 2 cups of milk or homemade coconut milk
  • 1 teaspoon Turmeric (where to find it)
  • ½ teaspoon Cinnamon (where to find it)
  • 1 teaspoon raw honey or maple syrup or to taste
  • Pinch of black pepper (increases absorption)
  • Tiny piece of fresh, peeled ginger root or ¼ tsp ginger powder
  • Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
Instructions
  1. Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth.
  2. Pour into a small sauce pan and heat for 3-5 minutes over medium heat until hot but not boiling.
  3. Drink immediately

I have had my own version of tumeric tea and it did not look anything like this one. This one looks creamy and inviting. Mine has never been so organised and delicious looking. I had actually had to tell my son how good it was for his health to get him to drink it. I love this recipe and now I can create a nicer version.

Turmeric tea seems like a great idea since I have been hearing quite a lot about the benefits of turmeric lately. I have never tasted this type of tea, but it is worth a try since having it in tea form may be even more beneficial. The other ingredients are good healthy choices too. I can imagine this being a very tasty beverage. I better get out and buy myself some turmeric.

Back
Top Bottom