6) Cream of Mushroom Soup
7) Water
8) Rosemary
9) Thyme
10) Marjoram
11) Lemon Juice

Procedure:

1) Boil Pappardelle Egg Noodles in Water

NOTE: Pasta should be stirred often to prevent it from sticking, both to the bottom of the pot and between Noodles. Stir occassionally while preparing the Sauce.

2) Dice Garlic, Onion and Shallot
3) Combine Cream of Mushroom Soup, Lemon Juice and Water in Pan
4) Heat Cream of Mushroom Soup till it begins to bubble.
5) Add in Tuna, Garlic, Onion, Shallot and Spices
6) Break up the Tuna while stirring ingredients in.
7) Simmer while Pasta is being prepared.
8) Drain off Water from Pasta and leave it in the pot.
9) Immediately add the Tuna-Mushroom Sauce.
10) Carefully turn and mix the Noodles with the Sauce.
11) Serve.

This looks like a very comforting dish and pretty fast to make. I presume you are using tinned tuna? What is the quantity?

I note that the shallots and garlic are not sautéed prior to making the sauce but are added raw to it which is unusual. How finely are they chopped and long does this sauce cook?

N.B. It would be useful to provide quantities for the ingredients.

This looks like a very comforting dish and pretty fast to make. I presume you are using tinned tuna? What is the quantity?

I note that the shallots and garlic are not sautéed prior to making the sauce but are added raw to it which is unusual. How finely are they chopped and long does this sauce cook?

N.B. It would be useful to provide quantities for the ingredients.

For me, this is a variant of a nostalgia food as it was an easy to prepare meal we made when kids and our divorced mom was away working. I thought of caramelizing the Alliums to improve the lot, but nah, I'd just replicate, although the original may have used Elbow Macaroni at times and only Onions. The Tuna is canned, one 5 Oz. can of Albacore, which back in those days, would have been just regular Tuna. And in those days, certainly would not have been spiced so well. It is in effect, a poor man's meal, one stepped beyond boxed Macaroni and Cheese, not a game winner, but a start to the challenge.

I note that I didn't put amounts of anything, but that's OK, for this, as it is a do it yourself quickie meal.

I

Back
Top Bottom