Tuna

StarryStars

Veteran
Local time
5:28 PM
I enjoy eating tuna when it is prepared for me. Tuna salad, tuna steak, tuna-related food is always delicious when someone else cooks the food for me! However, whenever I try to cook tuna, it always come out as disappointingly bland. Lately, I have been wanting to try and cook with tuna again. Do you recommend any recipes or cooking methods to make tasty tuna dishes?

I get wonderfully fresh tuna (maguro) sashimi from a weekend farmer's market that hasn't caused me food poisoning yet, but I don't know if that's already slightly seasoned. The main thing, when I make it into sushi, is adding just a bit of vinegar to the rice. Then, get a sushi roller, layer the damp nori (seaweed sheet), spread the vinegar rice, lay the strip of raw tuna there, and roll it up! Mayonnaise and shredded carrots can be included to make a sort of California maki.

With any fish, I say you can't go wrong with a simple lemon or garlic, with salt. It sounds like you want much more of a kick there, though, and I frankly don't know any other marinades. I'd suggest Spanish seafood paella, but I'm not that experienced with that (requires saffron...which is pricey, and that I think makes paella rather unfriendly and unforgiving to upstart/experimental cooks like us.)

Tuna has a similar texture to salmon, although a milder flavor, so perhaps it would pair well with a spiced avocado puree. Dill is the go-to herb for salmon, but I'm not sure what goes best with tuna only because tuna goes well with a great many.

I suggest you marinade the fish before cooking, using whatever spices or herbs you like, mixed into oil.

The other thing you could do is to serve a piquant sauce with the tuna. Drizzle it with a homemade mustard sauce or spicy tomato sauce, whatever you like that will give it some added flavor.

A piquant sauce with the tuna sounds divine, I'll have to try that out. I love fresh tuna too but generally I prefer to have it grilled without too many alterations.

I only like fresh tuna, I have tried tuna in a can and just never cared for it. The way I prepare my tuna is by marinating it all day, my favorite marinade is a ginger-lime vinegar combo I made up. It flavors the tuna so well that there is really no need for additional seasonings. After marinating for at least 5 hours I like to sear it on the grill. 2 minutes is generally all it takes, then I slice it and use it with a salad or for tacos or I serve it with a vegetable.

With tinned tuna, I tend to make tuna pasta bake by adding tuna sweetcorn and mushrooms to the pasta, stirring in a creamy tomato sauce and topping with cheese. For fresh tuna steaks, try making a marinade with chilli and spices. This gives it an Asian-style twist. Tuna is also nice barbecued as it is quite a meaty fish. Also, baking in tinfoil with a squeeze of lemon and a knob of butter is nice.

I like sunkis tuna out the can. I eat it with eggs, mayo, and sliced pickles. Let's not forget crackers.

Spicy tuna pasta is one of my favorite dishes to prepare because it's very easy to make and doesn't take long to prepare at all. It's also very versatile as you could make it as a red or cream sauce. I usually prefer mine to be made with red sauce with a big hint of sweetness, but cream sauce is also very good and you could even put in sausage or ham with mushrooms alongside the tuna.

Tuna sashimi is the best. In hawaii its usually prepared right after catching it. Just throw it on the cutting board while still alive and eat up. Good stuff. dip it into some kikoman soy sauce and you're golden.

I enjoy eating tuna when it is prepared for me. Tuna salad, tuna steak, tuna-related food is always delicious when someone else cooks the food for me! However, whenever I try to cook tuna, it always come out as disappointingly bland. Lately, I have been wanting to try and cook with tuna again. Do you recommend any recipes or cooking methods to make tasty tuna dishes?
I like tuna chilli sandwich. It's simple but you can definitely taste the chilli, tuna and mayonnaise all at the same time. You can also add tomatoes, a dash of pickle strips and lettuce to the whole ensemble. I also like regular sour tuna snack, still with chilli sauce in it. There's a bit of lime squeezed to the recipe too. Your tuna will not taste bland if you add strong flavors like chilli, citrus and of course, some salt.

Back
Top Bottom