Turkey burger recipes

kaitlainr

Veteran
Local time
10:30 AM
I've recently been eating more turkey meat, since it's slightly healthier. I really only have two good recipes to give the meat some flavor. It's so bland. I've been experimenting with different spice combinations, but nothing seems to add enough flavor.
So far, Adobo seasoning, garlic powder, and black pepper has been the top combination. Italian seasoning, tomato sauce, and black pepper is good, too.
Does anyone have any recipes they use to make the meat more flavorful? It doesn't have to be just for burgers to put on buns. Just any flavoring in general.

Have you tried mixing in some grated onion along with some of their juices? I find it helps keep the patties moist and adds a great savory flavor throughout them. I also like to mix in finely chopped fresh herbs such as parsley, chives, basil, whatever I have on hand and whatever fits in with the overall flavor profile I am after (Asian? I may use cilantro, Cajun? I may use some thyme and oregano, for example).

I often times prefer a good cajun seasoning blend on my turkey burgers, since that has a more robust flavor. Or if you happen to be grilling them try basting them with a BBQ sauce or fruit preserves doctored up with some garlic powder, salt, pepper, and perhaps some spicy brown mustard.

You could also mix in some pesto if you have some on hand. Often times I buy a jar of it, and never end up using it all before it goes bad.

Various cheeses would work too, blend in some shredded cheddar or monterey jack, or even pepper jack cheese.

Back
Top Bottom