Turkey Sandwich Ideas. Let's go!

Rocklobster

Legendary Member
Local time
12:50 PM
I was comped two cases of deli style turkey breast this week. I have just over a week to use it up as the best before date is looming. I'm going to put turkey sandwiches on sale for the next few days...I have Ciabatta, Portuguese Rolls, sour dough bread, regular sandwich bread, marble rye, tortilla wraps. Feel free to give me some ideas...GO!

Turkey Sándwich Ideas: Hope this is helpful ..

1) Dijon combined with cranberries & honey, fresh chives & some Kress / Cress or lettuce of choice .. ( 2 Tblsps honey, 1/2 cup cranberries & some Dijon to taste blended well with a stick mixer ).

2) Grilled Turkey with cheese of choice and fresh tomato ( perhaps provolone as it has a low melting point ) ..

3) Herbed mayonnaise, lettuce of choice & tomato ..

4) Grilled Turkey with Melted Brie and tomato ..

5) Fennel or Avocado & Green scallion with Green Goddess Dressing ..

6) Radichio with room temperature blue cheese crumbled and mixed with a stand up mixer, to créate a spread & Turkey ..

7) Lemon & Olive Mayonnaise ( 2 tablsp. preserved lemon zest or curd, with 2 tablsp of roasted red peppers, and some sliced olives of choice ) and the Turkey which can be grilled or served room temperature.

8) Apple slices, fennel and Green scallion with Turkey ..

9) Goat cheese and Capers with sun dried tomatoes served with Butter ( 2 tblsp butter, 2 tablsp sun dried tomatoes and 1 tsp capers and some room temperature Chevre / Montrachet goat cheese .. and the turkey of course ..

Have a lovely evening ..
Good luck ..

Last edited:
Besides the obvious wraps or sandwiches such as hot open, a turkey Rueben, aka as a Rachel would be my first choice.

You could also chop some turkey into seasoned stuffing/dressing topped with gravy and serve it with a side of mashed potatoes and sauteed stringbeans and call it an "Amish wedding dinner".

Another thought is the "day after Thanksgiving" sandwich: turkey, stuffing, and cranberry sauce on ciabatta rolls.

Or how about a Turkey Cordon Bleu, or Arroz con Turquia (instead on pollo).

Keeping in the Latin theme, a Cuban Turkey sandwich would work where the turkey replaces the pork.

Besides the obvious wraps or sandwiches such as hot open, a turkey Rueben, aka as a Rachel would be my first choice.

You could also chop some turkey into seasoned stuffing/dressing topped with gravy and serve it with a side of mashed potatoes and sauteed stringbeans and call it an "Amish wedding dinner".

Another thought is the "day after Thanksgiving" sandwich: turkey, stuffing, and cranberry sauce on ciabatta rolls.

Or how about a Turkey Cordon Bleu, or Arroz con Turquia (instead on pollo).

Keeping in the Latin theme, a Cuban Turkey sandwich would work where the turkey replaces the pork.

@buckytom

Turquia in Spanish is the Country Turkey.

Pavo is Turkey ( poultry ) in Spanish !

Great ideas .. Have a nice day ..

Last edited:
Great ideas above. How about doing it in a Coronation sauce? Mayo or creme fraiche, curry powder, mango chutney, seasoning. Chuck in some almond flakes for texture, some juicy sultanas or even some pomegranate seeds. Makes a great sandwich with either chicken or turkey.

Also, Turkey, crispy bacon and brie, mixed with mayo works well. Or swap the brie for avocado.

Turkey-bacon-Fontina on Portuguese Rolls pressed panino style.
In a chef's salad - heavy on the turkey.
If it's not sliced, you could dice it and use it in a dish like turkey tetrazzini.
If it's sliced, roll it around a lightly steamed stalk of broccoli, with or without a slice of ham, and bake in a cheese sauce. Cheddar or something bland would work.
Good luck, Roch!

IMO turkey sandwiches must have pork mince, sage and onion stuffing as an accompaniment.

[That's finely mince pork mixed with sage and chopped onion and then cooked either inside the turkey or separately in an adjacent dish]

Last edited:
@buckytom

You are welcome. Anytime ..

Some great ideas for "turkey" ..

Google Translator: It is not the best ! It has improved considerably but still is not the best.

Have a lovely day ..

Back
Top Bottom